Thursday, November 19, 2009

Not much to report...

Everything is just the same as yesterday...Blake is doing fine, they have taken him off the oxygen and he is just on air flow..he did have 3 brady's over night last night and he did desat several times throughout the day...He also had one brady when I was there, but mostly he is doing good... His tummy is still big so they aren't sure what is causing that. He did have a big weight gain over night which is excellent since he's only on mommy's milk and no fortifiers. He jumped from 1309 grams to 1357 grams, they said that sick babies don't gain weight...Guess we'll just take that as a good sign. I held the little boy for a good half an hour today and maybe its just my wishful thinking but with some love and some whispers in his ear his oxygen went up to 96-97 % while I was holding him...I hope tomorrow he'll be mostly back to normal. Leah was as good as ever, I held her for at least an hour. She sucked intensely on her soother most of the time, which is good...I think she is getting ready for a bottle or to try nursing soon. I think probably within a week or so we should be able to give it a try...Blake has actually been liking his soother too, and his little mouth makes a sucking motion while he's sleeping so I guess he's getting ready too! Leah also had a good weight gain yesterday from 1287 to 1311 grams...Kirk always jokes that I make straight cream seeing how chubby Alyssa always was, so here's to hoping I'll fatten these babies up in no time! Thats it for today, thanks for checking in! In means the world to me to know how many of you out there are reading so often and keeping tabs on us!


Just for fun, here is Chunky monkey #1... this is Alyssa at about 7 months old...



2 comments:

  1. hey girl glad to hear the little guy is ok and I can't believe how fast they are gianing weight! Thats awesome Love ya and give all the babies kisses for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - I remember that chubby little chicken! So cute.

    ReplyDelete