Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Blake Update

So the little man is about the same as yesterday. You can see he still has his oxygen on from yesterday. He's fluctuated between 21% (room air) and 30 % today but it was 21% when I left. He still has a distended tummy and does desat when he's not on the oxygen. Blood work all came back normal, X-ray is normal so thats a good sign. He's pooped good today too, also a good sign... so that leaves us with a big fat question mark...
They have said that sometime these little guys do well for a few days then they just get tired out and need a break so to speak. So hopefully overnight and through tomorrow he'll slow himeself off the oxygen...I didn't hold him today, he always desats when I hold him, he gets too comfy in mommy's arms and forgets to breath so I thought it would be for the best to leave him be and get him a little more stable..
Maybe tomorrow he can have a tiny snuggle..he sure did look cute though!! Also he weighed 1309 grams today, he was 1310 when he was born so thats good that he's almost back to his original weight. They have also taken him off the human milk fortifier and is only on Mommy's milk until his tummy troubles and oxygen levels improve...Thanks for all your concern and messages, I'm sure in the next few days he'll be back to his normal self.


Little Girl is doing GREAT!! She always has perfect Oxygen levels, heartrate, never has brady's or destats...she's the little golden baby of the NICU. Today she weighed 1287 grams which is up from her birth weight of 1250!! Woohooo!!! Grow baby grow!!! I held her today for 2 hours most of which she was asleep, she did wake up a bit to suck on her soother...I happily held her and looked at all the tiny things on her, her microscopic veins and her weeeny little fingernails and adorably cute litte eyelashes...What a little pumpkin...I can't imagine what she will look like in 1 month from now or even 1 year...

Her nose was getting cold so I bundled her up all cozy...

1 comment:

  1. Stacey thanks so much for the updates. What a roller coaster of emotions you must be feeling and how much there is to learn: new terminology, learning the medical equipment, etc. I'm sure it is also a very exhausting time for you. Thank you so much for all the wonderful posts and photos and letting us all feel a part of this journey and helping us to get to know your beautiful, precious babies. Of course Alyssa is adorable and thought about too. I loved the clip of her doing the alphabet. love aunt Wendy

    ReplyDelete