Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 2

Babies continue to thrive, they have had their CPAP machines removed and are now just breathing room air, they still have oxygen coming in but they are doing the work themselves and they are breathing room air like us which is 21%. Leah has increased her feeds from 2ml every 2 hours to 6 ml every 2 hours which is great. Blake had a few tummy troubles today so they left him on 2 mls for now...Both babies switch back and forth with the billi lights but really they both have just mild cases of jaundice...Once again good news all around..Sadly Daddy is pretty sick and won't be coming today or for a few days until he is good and sure this bug is gone..I was feeling pretty lonely today there without him so they let my friend Shara come for a quick visit! Thanks Shara! Mom was still a bit sick and taking care of Alyssa.

Their personalities were shining through a bit today. I was literally laughing out loud because our little Blake who was constantly on the move in-utero was very restless today and doing full body stretches like he did on the inside...As I was laughing at him I look over and Leah has the hiccups for the 4th time that day...that was always her thing inside, so sweet to see it on the outside!

The most exciting part of the day was getting to hold Leah!! I held her for about 40 minutes, she did really great and I loved every minute of it! When they took her back she cried, it was pretty cute to think it was because she liked sitting with me.

Mommy's first time holding baby Leah!


Leah relaxing with her tubes all off...the tube in her mouth is the feeding tube...Note the cut in her back which we are told is from the c-section..Poor girl, but it is healing nicely!





Blake with the lights on, he was a bit warm so he got to hang out naked!!


Starting his full body stretches..crazy boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment