Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 0

Ok, its day 0. November 4th 2009 the day our beautiful twins arrived. What a blur that whole night had been..I was in my bed at 10pm at night and now I wake up the following morning in a hospital bed, pretty drugged and and no babies near me, infact I had barely even seen them, let along what they looked like...I know I spent the morning on the phone calling my family and friends and sharing the crazy events of the night before.

I tried to get up and walk first thing in the morning because they told me I couldn't go see the babies until I was able to walk around the postpardum unit. I felt super dizzy and light headed and back to bed I went. I later learned that I had hemmoraged during the surgery and had lost a lot of blood and was on the verge of requiring a blood transfusion. My hemoglobin level was 82 and normal range starts at 120..Anyways I sat in my bed until about 3pm when Kirk arrived to see me, he had spent the morning with Alyssa and got her packed up to go to Mama's house. I was very determined to walk around the unit dizzy or not so I could go see my babies.

As I walked around the unit I saw all the other moms walking with their babies and had a strange feeling to not be with mine. I had some deja vu walking past the room I had been in with Alyssa just less than 3 years earlier.

Finally when Kirk came I powered through my walk and then they let Kirk push me in a wheelchair over to see the babies..These pictures are from then...

Blake in in Isolette

Blake

Leah

Mom's first good glimpse at Leah

Daddy with a new little princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment