Thankfully the barfing and diarrhea has stopped. Sadly I still have some head congestion, as does Kirk and an ugly cough. Leah today had a rapsy voice and Blake a runny nose...My guess we are in for a bout of colds now. Booo...
We didn't do too much this weekend in the cold weather, layed low...made a trip to the mall and that was about it. I have a gazillion loads of laundry to get caught up on, but truthfully my motivation these days in pretty darn low...
Yesterday I heard through a friend of a friend, about a little 2 year old boy Josh, who was sent home from daycare with flu like symptoms. 102 fever. Went to the Dr, diagnosed with Pink Eye and something viral, but nothing serious...just the flu. The mother put him for a nap and 2 hours later she went in he was blue. Long story short the little guy was in the hospital over the weekend, yesterday he was declared brain dead. Today he dontated his organs to 3 other little kids...He tested posted for H1N1.
These kinds of stories are hreatbreaking and bother me for days, I guess it just hits too close to home with little kids myself...Suddenly the laundry, the cold weather and the barf in my carpets doesn't seem so important...I just can't even imagine those poor parents yesterday, I thought of them all day.
So we spent most of the day in our jammies and just hanging out for snuggles with Mickey Mouse, Fishy crackers and made some Star shaped Pizza's that Alyssa had specifically requested. Everyone was in good happy moods, I was the happiest to spent such a cold day inside loving my pumpkins. Mom and dad came over with a nice Ham dinner for us, a nice end to a good day...
Our pictures in the winter all look the same, I guess since we do the same thing most days...they are just variations of the same thing.
Alyssa making her Pizza dough with the babies constantly under foot...makes kitchen work a little tricky...
The star pizza she made, ok I made it...
Leah's cheeky little smirk, she does this face probably 100 times a day...Blake eating smushed fishy crackers off the floor, maybe thats why we are always sick here!
The Spirited little girl is hamming it up at every opportunity...
Such a monkey this little one is!
Ohmygosh...you should see these 2 fight! Its crazy already...I can only imagine whats to come!
Alyssa's Online Shopping order arrived, she was super pleased with her dresses she bought. They all actually fit her pretty good too.
One of her new online dresses
We've learned to point to different body parts and somehow when we did nose, the babies discovered their nostrils, now when you ask where there nose is, this is what you get!
Alyssa has never liked mess of any sort, dirty hands or face...This little girl purposely puts food all over her face, in her hair...she is often covered in food at the end of a meal...Blake is a nice eater most of the time, occassionally he will throw food off, but it usually after watching monkey girl do it first...
Just clowning around before bed...
His little face just melts me...
When Alyssa was little she was obsessed with The Wiggles. The babies have now followed suit and crying immediatley stops when the Wiggles are on...I have a love/hate relationship with them...
Alyssa is at such a fun age, often after we put the babies to bed we pull out some popcorn and little kid board games and the 3 of us have a great old time. Alyssa here is telling us the Rules...we make her play the real rules and no cheating, most of the time she wins anyways. Its so much fun, I can see us playing games like this camping or down the road when the other 2 are older...
Such a heartbreaking story about little Josh. I just went and checked on my own napping baby when I read it. Praying for Josh's family - how awful.
ReplyDeleteOn a brighter note - I'm so glad you were able to have a relaxing family day, with dinner provided! So nice of your parents to do. :) Oh and I love the pictures! Your kids are so cute.