Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Seriously?!?!

What is wrong with people...Is it that some people don't know how to filter or just that people don't think before they speak?

I just got off of the phone with someone who is donating an item for our Silent Auction Friday, our Charity fundraiser for People with Infertility and can't afford treatment. After saying I could pick the item up when my husband got home so he could watch the kids, she proceeded to ask me how old my kids were. I replied with a 4 year old and 16 month old twins...
She got really loud and said "OHMYGOD I AM SOO SORRY!!"

Seriously???? Who says that?? I wanted to reach through the phone and smack her...I wish I was witty enough for a good come back...it seems even more annoying because of the Charity she is donating to, how about a little tact people??

4 comments:

  1. Arghhhh!!!! Some people are just clueless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! She certainly put her foot in her mouth. :-O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kinds of interactions can be so frustrating and I can totally relate to wishing I could think faster on my feet sometimes to come up with good comebacks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh how I wish for witty responses when people say ignorant things. Unless I have them prepared in advance I am not so good at thinking on my feet in those situations. For the most part I try to think that these people mean well, but just don't know any better. They are the lucky ones who have never had to know our experience, and I hate to fault them for it. For me, it helps to take the edge off their comments thinking that they are just ignorant.

    I am happy to have found your blog and look forward to following your story!

    You are one blessed mama!

    ReplyDelete