Sniff Sniff....I just had a truck come and pick up the last of my baby stuff...We gave away Alyssa's old crib to my cousin who is expecting in May. Friends and family had picked over the good things, we have gotten rid of our 3 bouncy chairs, sleeping bags, car seats, car seat blankets, baby toys, nursing pillows, bottle warmers and all of the clothes that they've out grown up til now...Granted we still have 2 cribs and 2 high chairs, but the little newborn baby stuff is gone.
Its kind of sad to see these things go, its sad that there won't be another little one to use these things, its weird after spending a significant amount of my life wanting these baby things and the babies to use them, that now this chapter of our lives is over
Its GREAT that I have 1/4 of my basement back, It's great so many people will get use of the things we don't need anymore, and I'm happy to be able to donate a lot of great quality items to those in need.
I am happy that we can move forward as a family and look forward to things you can't do as easily with babies...trips, camping, sporting event, concerts etc...
I am happy that we can move forward as a family and look forward to things you can't do as easily with babies...trips, camping, sporting event, concerts etc...
Bye Bye Baby Stuff!!
Bittersweet is a good word for it, isn't it? As I pack away clothes the twins have outgrown, I always have a twinge of sadness. But I'm also happy to have more drawer space for the things they need now, and we are moving toward a time when we will be past all the nighttime waking, which makes me freakin' ecstatic. (Sorry...up all night again...and a little bitter about it.) But good for you for reclaiming your basement!! :) Hope the sniffles are on the way out and you are all feeling better!
ReplyDelete