We left Thursday at 11am, landed in LA at 1pm. We rented a car, drove to Anaheim and stopped for some groceries and checked into our hotel around 4ish...Alyssa was a very pleased that she got the bunkbeds that we had specially requested. They said they usually reserve those for people with more than one child, while I understand that logic, my 1 kid wanted bunkbeds and I was determined that the Princess have what she wanted...I talked to a few different people who finally put in our request, and to our delight when we arrived there they were...She happily slept in the top bunk all 5 nights.
We ended up going to Disneyland Park for dinner and got in a few rides, took in some of the magic of Disney and had a great spot to see the Fireworks!!
Friday, we had a quick breakfast in our room and headed out our hotel through California Adventure and by the pool and headed over to Disneyland. We walked around for awhile and took Alyssa in the Haunted Mansion, she was pretty scared...maybe wasn't the best first ride to take her on...She enjoyed a humungous Pickle, that cost almost $4.00..haha
We had reservations for Alyssa at noon at the Bippity Boppity Boutique. It was a Head to Toe Princess Transformation. She got to pick out the Princess dress she wanted, Tiara, shoes, hair do and accessories. She was a little leary of the "Fairy Godmothers" but with a little hand holding she did great! She picked a hair do that I wasn't to crazy about, but they really make sure its the kids making the decisions instead of the "Queen" as they called me! My girl usually has bangs so it was a bit different to see her hair all pulled up. None the less she loved it, she was getting all sorts of comments afterwards from people walking through the park. She said at the end of the day "I really felt like a real big Princess today"...
Alyssa was eager to try lots of different rides, even ones I thought she might be scared on. She loved this Jelly fish ride that goes up really high then drops back down. She loved the Monsters Inc. Ride, as did I. Her other favorite was Pirates of the Caribbean, which we ended up going on about 6 times! It was a bit chilly in the evenings, we even had to get her some mittens for the one night it was raining, it was pretty darn chilly!
One Morning we did breakfast with Mickey and Friends. It was great because most of the Characters you wanted to see were there and they come right to your table to see you, sure beats the long waits at the park to meet them all. She had a little book that she had everyone sign and we can put their pictures beside their names. We ended up renting a stroller a few times, she was getting too heavy to carry around...plus she was walking so much even we were tired.
She is such an easy good kid, we were even able to go to some real restaurants for meals...which doesn't happen much with us these days...
The last day there we did a Princess breakfast, same as the Mickey one. They had a few of the Princesses come around to your table while you eat. Alyssa was in love with Belle, her favorite. It was so cute, she was just clinging to her and was literally star struck. On our way out Belle happened to walk by and stopped to see Alyssa again. I seriously thought she was going to start crying. She just held onto her and hugged her, it looked like she wanted to kiss her or something. Belle made some kind of Pinky swear with her and they did a little nose rub...So stinking cute it made me cry!
We had a such a great trip, it was not relaxing by any means but so great to spend so much quality time with Alyssa, who has been so patient and amazing the past 2 years taking a back seat to her baby twin siblings. I can't wait to take them ALL back in a few years so we can all enjoy it together.








Loved the pics! Thanks for sharing them. The collages were a great idea.
ReplyDeleteDisneyland is one of my favorite places, and I can tell in the pictures how happy you guys were.
Thanks Karla! I have now been like 7 times, it never gets old to me!
ReplyDeletewhat an amazing-looking trip ... and how special for Alyssa! Your twins are beautiful ... thank you for sharing their story!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog, too! :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog. It was good to hear from you. It looks like you had a fantastic trip! I bet your little girl will remember this forever. All of your little ones are so cute!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a wonderful trip! I bet Alyssa will never forget her day as a princess. Thanks for posting the pictures! They are great!!
ReplyDelete