Friday, February 25, 2011

The Blues...



I am fed up, frustrated, frazzled...You name it the list goes on! Here is the vent I was going to do last night, but instead I'll do it now...

Someone in our house has been sick since the week before Christmas...Every freaking day someone has had Diarrhea, Throwing up, runny nose, croupy cough...Add in teething, and shots and its been miserable! Leah's bonk on the head the other day and our ER trip was just icing on the cake.

It doesn't help that we have been in a cold snap for what seems like forever, so we can't even really get out of the house much, at least for fresh air or for a walk. Cold as in -20, -30c plus windchill (I think that cold its actually the same in Farenheit). The 3am baths and sheet changes while trying desperately not to wake the other sleeping baby...or the tandem middle of the night screams... the laundry with all the barfing and diarrhea has been uncontrollable...the crying has been uncontrollable, oh the crying...today I think after nap time Blake cried for an hour straight...Leah now just screams at the top of her lungs whenever she wants anything, a drink, a snack, a toy anything really...add in a sick Mommy and Daddy and we are literally at our wits end! Even our dog was sick one night up literally all damn night.

It seems like thankfully (knock on wood) this thing is moving south and hopefully on its way out. The last barfing was about 48 hours ago, and we've moved onto the runs. I thought I could really deal with anything but barf... but after being barfed on a dozen times I guess I got a little more immune to it...I kept saying I can anything but not barf...Well let me tell you I was Wrong! It turns out the Runs can infact be worse. Our poor little man has had a bad bad case of Diarrhea the last 3 days...and it is gross. Fingers crossed that this ends soon so mom and dad can catch a break, catch up on sleep and feel better ourselves...I'm not sure how much more of this I could handle before I need to be committed...

Ok, vent over! Here's to better days to come, and some warmer weather!!
Happy weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Oh vent away...its NOT easy...I havent had a full 8 hours of sleep since before Danny was born. I totally get what you mean. Good to hear that things are looking up. Am sending all the good health mojo I got (keeping a little aside for my little guy)

    love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how miserable for you!! I am so, so sorry you've had to deal with so much sickness. And the cold...well, you know my opinion of that! I am a beach babe at heart. :)

    I hope the sickness is leaving for good, and that you get a nice, restful weekend. Hang in there! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok... you have to live on the Canadian prairies because the weather you described sounds amazingly close to what we have going on here.

    I hope and pray that you and your family are getting better. My wee girl and I have been battling head colds, but thankfulyy there's been no puke or poop incidents.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds terrible! I feel like this winter has been an awful one for being sick; we've had just about everything under the sun around here, too. I just keep waiting for Spring and fresh air!

    Also, getting good bacteria (from yogurt or kombucha) into their systems can really help with the runs, we've found. I pump my guys full of kombucha when they have a stomach bug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL sitting here in a quiet, boring house, (also sick of the cold) worrying about the stresses of twin parenting to come, I see your post. I send you some heartfelt support!!! I hope everyone is well soon and spring will spring and birdies will sing. Soon!!!

    ReplyDelete