Finally I have some pictures of our new little Niece Maja...We haven't seen much of her as our house has been sick with colds...I hope soon we can been done with this round of sickness of go over for some baby snuggles...man you forgot how small they are!
Proud big brother with his new little sister...
Uncle and his new Niece!
Alyssa was happy to meet her new girl cousin!
So after Kirks Vegas trip, my sister-in-law Jane (who just happened to be my friend first, then married my brother after I hand picked her to be my SIL!) asked me if I wanted to go to Canmore for a weekend and have a girls trip...Of course I was eager to have a much needed break and jumped at the chance...
For the past few weeks, we had been so excited to go! Then of course, what happens when Mommy decides to go away?? The kids get sick...really sick! Alyssa had a mild cold nothing too serious, but the babies ended up getting a really bad cold, and poor Leah got a really bad cold AND the flu...Yuck...
I was on the fence about going at all, Jane ended up pretty sick herself and we debated back and forth and realized if we cancelled there wasn't another free weekend for months...
Kirk was adament that I go and relax and have a good time and that he was more than capable of taking care of the babies, with the help of his parents who were happy to come help...
Off we went Friday afternoon, to beat a 25cm snowfall Warning...45 minutes away to the Rocky Mountains...It was a gorgeous setting with the snow falling and the Rockies in the distance...
We stayed at this cute little 2 story loft...
We planned on sleeping, eating, relaxing and consuming large amounts of chocolate...
which is exactly what we did!!
We went out the first night to listen to live music and go dancing...Saturday we slept in, went for lunch and did some shopping (for our kids of course!) and we spent a few blissful hours at the spa..I had a facial, Jane had a massage then we enjoy Pedicures together...
We finished the night with an awesome dinner, a hot tub and movie!
Sadly the babies still seemed pretty sick and I was constantly checking in on them and worried about them...Kirk kept assuring me they were fine, but I couldn't stop thinking about them...We ended up leaving earlier than planned on Sunday so I could come home to my sick babies...
It was a great weekend, minus the kid worries...Thanks SIL!!!
The babies are still sick now, poor things...I hope they get better soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment