Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentines & more...

Valentines preparations are in full swing over here...Alyssa LOVE LOVES Valen"times" as she calls it. I think it might be her favorite "holiday", but perhaps thats just because thats whats next! She is extra excited this year because she actually has little friends at school to make Valentimes for. It's on a Monday this year and she doesn't go to school on Mondays, she was pretty dissappointed when she found out she couldn't go to the party and exchanged Valentines, so I asked her Teacher if she could please come that day and she said that wouldn't be a problem.

We bought these adorable little foam bears that she can assemble and make herself for all her little school friends.
 They are kind of 3D, you bend their little arms and they hold these little hearts. We have written her name on the back of them. She is going to feel so proud handing them out.
We got all sorts of fun crafts to do, she is such a project person and is so awesome at keeping herself entertained, I kind of went a little overboard to help keep her occupied... 
But I'm not complaining... 
 I want my house littered with reminders that we have little children living here...
I'm sure we really only have a handful of years before this kind of thing isn't "Cool" anymore.. 
 So bring on the decorations!! What's next? St.Patricks Day! 
Alyssa has been enjoying her skating with Papa Murray on Thursdays...He was away on business this past week so Papa Erv took her!! I was able to go watch her, I haven't seen her skate for a few months so it was fun to see how she has progressed! They were playing with Ringette sticks and rings this week, it was so special to see my little daughter playing with it, as I used to play Ringette as a kid...right through my teenage years... 
 I can't wait to be a Hockey mom and spend my weekends watching my kids play hockey...
 She has already said she will play hockey next year, so we are going to start looking into a little 4 year old hockey program...
 This weekend we bought her hockey pants so she can start getting used to skating in them...
She still skates at a snails pace, but she is able to do it without holding on to someone now, so she is improving.

 Alyssa loves lugging her brother and sister around the house...
 Its actually pretty handy when we are coming home from somewhere, I bring Alyssa and 1 baby in and she carries them to the living room while I go back for the other...
 Doesn't she look like such a big kid these days...I can't believe she is getting so big!(think we have enough toys in our living room!)
Speaking of big...these little guys are getting pretty good at hardly holding on...I think they are still aways from walking, but every now and again Blake tries to stand by himself. He is a pretty cautious little guy so he usually gets too scared before really letting go...
 We have bit the bullet and booked a trip to take Alyssa to Disneyland in March. We are so stinking excited its crazy! I might be the most excited of all! We are leaving the babies home with Grandma and Grandpa, so we can really spend some good time with Alyssa and spoil her rotten! I think she is just at the perfect age to believe in all the Magic of Disney...Cinderella will be the real Cinderella...I tear up just thinking of her reaction to it all! I can't wait!!!
We were shopping this weekend and bought her a new bathing suit and dress which she claimed was for Disneyland, she thought bathtime was the perfect time to try it out.

 No pictures please!
 The sisters having a morning snuggle...
 Alyssa's love of Letters, spelling and reading is really starting to pay off...she can now write all the letters of the Alphabet, expect K & Z... I was stunned when I came across her almost perfect letters...
 Right before I Christmas I came across a site that makes Blog Books...In a matter of 10 minutes I had a 180 page hardcover book, complete with table of contents and a dedication page. It turned every word I wrote, every picture I posted into a keepsake that will last a lifetime and beyond! I had it express shipped for Christmas and gave it to my family Christmas morning...Kirk shed some tears as he flipped through, when he saw how awesome it was to have our entire year captured into a real book! After getting my book I knew I needed to continue blogging for my family, so every year I can give them a years worth of memories...
Which explains my overload of pictures and details on my recent posts... 
 Just capturing our memories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment