Friday, February 4, 2011

1 year Stats

We finally today had our 1 year corrected age appointment (even though now they are 15 actual months) with the Pediatrician. The Dr was very happy with everything about them, and said many times "Its hard to believe they were 10 weeks premature". Thinking back to where we were 1 year ago..( check us out 1 year ago today ) wow...they have grown so much. They are still little peanuts though...Their weights aren't even on the charts, but they seems to have had a growth spurt because they are both now well onto the length charts. The stats are:

Blake 19.3 pounds (not on the charts) and 30" long (about 17%)
Leah 18.7 pounds (probably about 2% but not on there chart) and 30" long (about 40%)
Boys and Girls have different charts, so even though they are the exact same height, its graphs out differently.

Blake has 4 top teeth in the front. 2 little front bottoms ones and oddly his 2 bottom molars have popped through. He's been doing this cute thing the past few weeks lately where it puts his hand out and the palm of his hand up by his chin...I ONLY today figured out that he's been signing "Thank you" How stinking adorable! We've been doing sign language with them and they both caught onto Milk pretty easily, its quite handy that they tell us when they are thristy (they use that sign for drink, instead of Milk which is was it really is). Once I figured out what he was doing today I said to him "Are you saying Thank you?" and he immediately did the perfect sign for it and smiled...as if to say Duh mom, I've been saying it for weeks and you're only catching on now! He usually does it when he's in trouble and playing with something he shouldn't be. I always take it away from him and Say Thank you Blake...guess thats where he picked it up. Anyways, its pretty adorable I'll have to try and catch it on video.

Leah has 2 little bottom teeth out, and she is just getting now her 2 top front teeth. One is almost out the other barely poking through the gum...She has this really awful habit now of grinding them together, the sound sends shivers up my neck...I keep giving her Baby Mum Mums just so she stops doing that...hhhhhhh
I mentioned to the Dr about her recent and frequent episodes of throwing up and her lingering cold and barky cough. He said Lungs are clear all is well, so thats a relief...I hope the throwing up is over, the 3am baths and bed changes are getting pretty old.

After this recent bought of sickness Leah has left us with a pretty bad nighttime habit of SCREAMING endlessly..When she was sick we would rock her and she'd fall asleep and we'd put her to bed...Well she is not going to let us forget how much she liked it, because now everynight when we put her to bed she screams bloody murder until you go and pick her up. The moment you pick her up she stops, the moment you put her down she wails again chanting "DADDY, DADDY" until her beloved picks her up... Now here's the tricky part with 2 babies in one room...The other baby can't sleep with all the crying and is jealous because he wants that kind of loving too...he stands and cries, then its full on Pandemonium with both of them screaming...I was putting Alyssa to bed the other night while the Twin room shenanigans were going on, and the poor little guy got so upset he threw up...Its made for some super long bedtimes and some worn out parents...Wow, that seems to have turned into a major vent here, guess I needed to get that out! Both Kirk and I have said lately how much work these 2 little people have been lately...
Here's to easier days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment