Sunday, December 13, 2009

Twin time...

Well we had a nice evening away in Banff, other than the -30c weather (that is -22f for the Americans! YIKES!)The Christmas party was great, the food was wonderful. Of course I had to take my Breast friend with me and pump every 3 hours, I'm getting rather fond of my new appendage so it wasn't too much of a bother (except the running back to the hotel freezing my butt off)

Babies are GREAT!!! I stuck around the hospital an extra 45 minutes yesterday to hear the Dr's rounds where 5 or 6 at one time come over and discuss the health of your babies and any changes that need to be made etc. They got to us and one of them said "Slone babies, no concerns..moving on" Bahhh what a waste of 45 mintues, but I guess that's the best kind of rounds to have...no news is good news right!!

These little ones are like magnets to each other its just so sweet to see! No matter how you put them in their bed they always roll right over to each other. When one is taken out, the other starts to stir. They do this back and forth talking that the nurses call twin talk...They have even started dressing them the same over there...Matching pink and blue outfits or the same sleepers...So cute!

Babies are doing fantastic at breast feeding and bottling. Leah has started refusing the tubes feeds and insists on being bottled now. Blake also does really great and infact is a much more efficienct breast feeder than Leah. He still gets a bit lazy at times and is getting about 1 out of 8 feeds with the tube, so still VERY good! This week coming up I might even bring in my twin nursing pillow and see if I can try out this tandem nursing bit. I figure if I can shave some time off of feedings in a day it will be a bonus! Might as well try right!

Blake is officially over 4 pounds now, you can tell in his cheeks he is filling out more. Leah is 4lbs5oz and is definitely starting to look just like Alyssa did when she was born...I think I noticed that Blakes eyes looked brown today. Leah's I didn't get a good look at but I think are mostly still blue. Blake is looking a little yellowish these days and is having his Biliruben levels checked again for jaundice, he may need a few more days under the lights...

Surgery is still a go for Thursday this week. I am meeting with the surgeon at Childrens hospital tomorrow to get final details and sign the consents. It sounds like I'll be able to go with him in the ambulance and stay with him right before and right after his surgery and be transported back to PLC after his surgery. The nurses are starting to call him Grunty Grumperson and we believe now that a lot of his grunting whining is actually discomfort from his hernia and not that he is a cranky kid. Yesterday we put a warm blanket over it and it seemed to really help...(PS if you go back to the pictures of his first bath you can see the bulge where his hernia is right above his little manhood on the right side as you are looking at it...I never noticed it then though!) Poor baby, they seem to think that the hernia is cause him more pain than the actual surgery will so he should get some relief after its all over.

We are still hoping to have them home for Christmas, but its going to be close!! It literally might be Christmas Eveish now...Fingers crossed!!

Chunky Monkey in the making!!!

Out cold after a big dinner...

I had to throw this one is because it made me laugh...Here is Alyssa with a big stack of money she refused to give back...she ended up sleeping with it under her pillow...she's no dumby!!

Mom and her babes...see how much yellower Blake is...

"We was like peas and carrots"

Notice Blakes ear stuck to his head, they don't have any cartilage in their ears yet and its like a floppy piece of skin that always gets stuck to their heads and bent in half.

Their new home, the babies have moved yet again....Always a good thing to be moved!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Leah is starting to look more and more like Alyssa!!

    ReplyDelete