Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Dark cloud lifted!!

First let me start by saying that everyone is fine...Babies are in perfect health.

When the babies were born they both had standard Cranial ultrasounds of their brains...Blakes came back normal and Leah's came back with some questions. We kept this a secret because we didn't want to create extra stress for ourselves or our families. There was some concern that there were some bright spots on the white matter of her brain that needed a second look..

From my non-medical translation of what we were told was the ultrasounds these days are so sensitive that it can pick up stuff thats not really there... or the concern was that if these bright spots got worse on the second ultrasound or didn't change that would mean that there was lack of blood to the brain and the tissue in those spots would die, this would ultimately mean badness...I never asked what "badness" meant but it was made to sound pretty grim...

Yesterday I went with little Leah for her second ultrasound...and today we received the results...
NORMAL NORMAL NORMAL...No bright spots at all, so it must have been the ultra sensitive equipment picking up stuff that wasn't actually on the brain...I can't even describe to you how incredibly relieved we are. I thought I was going to throw up going in there today...

Kirk and I both had extremely heavy weight on our shoulders this past 4 weeks and kept wondering what if. We thought in our minds that there is no way she could have anything so seriously wrong with her, she was doing so well it seemed impossible...having spent 1 month in the NICU I think we were a little tainted realizing that bad things can happen to good people...She had some placenta and cord issues on the inside plus it was her water that broke that started labour so there was some back and forth with what ifs

Our news was GREAT news and we now can breath a sigh of relief and move forward after this ridiculous stress...By far the worst thing we have experienced as parents...Not that anything about these babies has been easy, I finally feel like we have finished our last big hurdle and we are on the home stretch. Today is a glorious day!!





5 comments:

  1. What a lovely early Christmas that news is for you.
    They are starting to look more and more like new borns and less and less like premies. It is so precious how they like to look at each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stacey I dont know if I am just extra emotional these days but I just love reading this blog! And you make me cry everytime! I am so happy everything is fine and I cant imagine what you were going through! They are sooo sweet how they face each other when they sleep xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey if you think your pregnancy is making you more emotional, what's my excuse?!!? Truth is, the conception, birth and growth of these twins is a very moving story

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww you guys..Linds I'm going to go with extra emotional! Just think your little one looks like these guys just on the inside!! I can't wait to see what s/he looks like!!

    ReplyDelete