Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bath time!!

Today Leah got a bath!! Yes her very first bath in 1 month...It was 4 weeks ago tonight that I went into labour with them..Hard to believe! In anycase she hadn't had a real proper bath yet so today we bathed her, ok the nurse bathed her and I watched. We were going to bath Blake but we ran out of time before his feed so we will tomorrow... Leah did pretty good without too much crying. These pictures of her look just like Alyssa did when she was a baby. Now that she is getting a bit fatter you can really see the resemblance. I am going to have to go search for some of Alyssa to compare.

Both Babies gained weight again overnight which of course is great. Leah is at 3lbs 10oz which is 1 whole pound above her birth weight and Blake is at 3lbs 8oz...Blake is continuing to have some Brady's (actually pronounced Brad-ies) which was discussed at rounds this morning. Dr said he wasn't concerned because the dips are so brief and he always recovers on his own. If he doesn't slow down soon they will simply add a little more caffeine which should help, I guess some babies even come home on caffeine. They won't allow them to go home until they are Brady free for a week!! Right now Blake has between 2-6 a day...I can't believe its December 1st, that means my goal of having them home for Christmas is only 3.5 weeks away...Are they going to be ready?? I don't know..I'm hoping now that they are over 34 weeks gestation that they will starting maturing faster, for now it seems forever away. Leah may even be ready before Blake is...

One last note, my dear friend is expecting twins 8 weeks after mine were due, she is now having some complications and is at risk for pre-term labour..If you can spare some prayers and extra postive thoughts for her little ones to keep baking I'm sure they would appreciate it!!

Blake being tube fed, I bottle fed him at his feed before this one and he only did about half of it. He wasn't interested in breastfeeding either...this feed we needed him to have all of it plus he was all tired out. Now they only put the tube down his throat as they need to, it doesn't stay in all the time.

The little man out like a light after his dinner

Leah having a good cuddle with daddy after her dinner, which was also a tube feed. She did pretty good with her bottle and wasn't interested in breastfeeding either. Why go through all that work when I just lie there and have it poored into my tummy!!

My favorite, double snuggles!

Leah having a bath...She looks just like Alyssa did as a baby in this picture!!


Blakes favorite position, looking over at Leah

Awww so comfy...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, she looks ADORABLE in that bath picture, and it does totally look like Alyssa when she was little! I think I have the picture on my laptop, I will see if I can find it tomorrow. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete