I met with the Dr today and little Blake will for sure be having his surgery, probably Monday or Tuesday of next week. He will be transported to the Childrens Hospital for the day and if all goes well he will be transported back that same day, if things don't run on time or he ends up being groggy or to sleepy they will keep him there overnight.
They are going to be doing both sides at the same time to prevent a future problem on the other side. They are hoping that they will be able to sedate him and give him a spinal rather than general anesthetic, but if they can't for some reason they will end up putting him right under. They assured us again that this is a very simple, standard and safe procedure...none the less its a little nerve wracking to have my little 3 pound boy going under the knife...
Also talking with the dr today, I was trying to get an idea of when they will be able to come home and the Dr said casually Oh you can take Leah home on Monday!!!!! CRAZY!!! Its seemed like it was forever away and now its really almost here!!! Now we want to keep her with Blake, they are little buddies and I don't want to seperate them, not to mention convenience. Seeing that Blakes surgery will be Monday or Tuesday plus they said about 3 or 4 days recovery time for him, we are looking at next weekend or so to bring the babies home!!! If it wasn't for the surgery we could have been bringing them home next Monday!!!
I'm so excited and now feeling a last minute frenzy to finish getting stuff ready. I have some baby shopping to do, things I realized I needed now...plus some other Christmas shopping...Kirk and I are going to Banff this weekend for Kirks Christmas party, next week will be busy with the surgery etc...So really the time is almost here to PANIC!!! MUST GO NEST!!!
Oh my gosh Stacey how exciting!! I caant believe they are coming home so quick Yayyyy! xoxo
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing!! I am so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteHope Blake does well. I watched a live hernia surgery in India and it was quick and done while the guy was awake. It didn't seem very intrusive like some surgeries. We'll be praying for the little guy. Glad they will come home soon!
ReplyDelete