It apparently doesn't cause a whole lots of discomfort for him right now, and when you touch it (now that I know where it is you can see it bulging out) he doesn't grimace in pain or anything so thats good...The surgery is fairly simple from what I'm told, and sometimes they do both sides just incase. I guess this is a fairly common thing in boy preemies, I still could have done without it...I think the hardest part will be him not being able to eat before the surgery...We should find out when the surgery will be tomorrow, we are hoping sooner than later so it doesn't impede his potenial discharge date...So that is that, I will update tomorrow once we get some more info from the surgeon...
In other news, babies are gestational age of 35 weeks right now...Weight gains are great..Little Leah is now 4 pounds 1.2 oz!!!! WOOHOOO for 4 pounds!!! Blake is 3 pounds 12oz, 1 full pound above his birth weight.
Blakes brady's have continued to improved, he hasn't had one since Dec.3rd...another woohoo!! They even lowered his caffeine today. Leah's caffeine has been discontinued and she is no longer listed as having apnea. They also changed her over to the Neosure suppliment instead of the human milk fortifier, which is one step closer to coming home. They wanted her on something we could actually buy when they come home. Now her and Blake are eating the same thing. They are both around 35mls per feeding every 3 hours...
The nurse today who I don't consider to carry much weight on the desicision, indicated that Leah could be ready to come home in a week or so...We would prefer her to stay with Blake until they both come home. First they keep each other company and second, once she is discharged she can't come back in which would make visiting Blake rather difficult...I think having them in one place is the better way to go...Now hopefully he can continue to be Brady free for a whole week AND his surgery will happen sooner than later and he will bounce back really quickly from that..
Snuggles with Daddy after dinner
Leah is starting to get a chubby face!!
Aww, poor little Blake, he has been through so much!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how much Leah is starting to look like Alyssa, with those chubby little cheeks.
xoxo
What a roller coaster of emotions for you both. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for both babies. Leah is starting to look more like Alyssa all the time - keep up the great team work babies and Stacey and Kirk. God Bless you and your family today and always.
ReplyDelete