Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Excuses...

How long do you suppose I can use the excuse "I have baby twins"? I use this excuse on a daily basis when talking to myself (did I just write that?) I need a kick in the butt with some motivation, and I'm guessing that one can only use that excuse for so long. Of course when dealing with myself, I'm easily persuaded to use that excuse and let myself off the hook...I still get up with the twins once a night for an early morning bottle (gasp! Yes they still have bottles), I often get up in the night to let the dog out, not to mention I am a light sleeper and spend many hours flipping and flopping in my bed trying to fall asleep...We also stay up way too late...so you see, those reasons are justifiable as to why I have trouble getting up in the morning. I wake up the moment one of my kids wakes up, and not a minute sooner...Some days its 8am some days 9am, but I never on my own accord get up before that...
As much as I like sleeping in, I hate the mood it sets for the rest of the day...I've ruined any chance at a morning shower, exercise or quietly checking my emails while sipping on a nice hot coffee...Sounds so nice and everynight I swear that tomorrow will be the day...I will wake up 1 hour before the kids, work out, shower and enjoy my coffee in peace...But as mentioned above I'm an easy sell to sleep in, and I talk myself out of it every single morning with the excuse I have baby twins, I need the sleep...
Well people, excuse over...I do have baby twins but they go to bed at 8pm..Me? Midnight or later, so really can I use that as an excuse? I think not, perhaps if I went to bed earlier it wouldn't be such a problem. Perhaps if I fit in some morning exercise I'd have more energy through the day to get stuff done...and maybe have a better restful sleep at night.
Now that its almost spring, I need to wake the heck up, or I'll be using this excuse until they move out. I thought writing this here would make me more accountable, not that anyone cares but maybe in the morning I'll remember the promise to myself...

Nothing terribly exciting the past week...Another 21cm dump of snow over the weekend! Thats a lot of freaking snow! Now fingers crossed thats the last of it.
 It thankfully stopped after 24 hours and the sun came out and our yard is almost bare again...Not before we went outside and made a Princess Belle Snowlady and the beast!

  Nothing to say about this one, I just liked it...
 Blake is now walking Full time, I still get surprise when he comes walking around the corner... 
 How cute is his new hat!
Leah is pretty close to walking too, I give her another week...She does have a love of climbing and crawling on anything she can get on...
 This little girl is a full time job on her own right now!! She seeks out all sorts of trouble! 
 Kirks parents have gone back home after 5 months of house sitting...
they will be missed greatly!
My parents are in Phoenix this week and we have 2 extra little critters with us...
 These little guys don't get that much loving these days,
but they will never forget when meal time is...
 Oscar, the forgotten one!
Oh Alyssa, you crack me right up! I can't believe how big and smart you are!
Here is some of her latest art work... 
Her printng is amazing, she made this card for some twin friends Diego and Camilo birthday..
She obviously needs help with the spelling but you'd be surprise how many words she does know!
Leah always stands under the table and watches big sister...She still only has 4 teeth...Blake is at 11
We have a bouncy house in our basement, and these crazy kids love love jumping and rolling around in there..Its so sweet that the 3 of them can actually play together now..LOVE IT!



Ok Spring...anytime now!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to pretend I didn't read the first half of this, because DARN IT!!! I want to use that excuse for FOREVER! ;) Seriously, I am in the same boat. The babies are in bed by 8 PM these days, and I am up way later than that. So good luck on your new venture - I should probably join you in making the effort!!

    The snow-Belle is amazing! How did you color the snow yellow? (Around here, yellow snow is, ummm, something else.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA , we bought yellow spray paint...Ok, so today was Day 1 of the "new morning"...I woke up at 8:07 to Leah to screaming so yeah not so good..hahaha oh well there's always tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For what its worth, I plan on using the "I have baby triplet" excuse until my kids are grown & gone. But the spring weather here has brought us all some serious motivation. I was really feeling the end of winter slump too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have one baby and I just love to sleep!! It will never change Yemi teases me all the time but if I could (which i cant because my two are both ALWAYS up at 7am, even when they stay up later) I would sleep until 10 am EVERY day. SO if those babies sleep sleep with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole accountability story is very well said. I often find myself trying to get one more thing done around the house before tending to appointments. I have no reason to put an excuse on my kids. However, I'm sort of the opposite in expressing the excuse. I remember Logan (the oldest) having a dentist appointment that I arrived 20 minutes late for. Being seriously worried for my tardiness I grabbed Logan, abandoned the babes and toddler in the car to rush into the appointment. The receptionist chastised me for being 20 minutes late. I had raced all morning to get out of the house. This was one time when the entire morning truly was consumed by prepping the kids to get out of the house. I arrived tired and worried....the receptionist words almost drew me to tears....if I had tried to speak and make excuses I would have cried. So I said nothing. I handed Logan over to the hygenist, walked out of the office and came back with the cutest display of innocence. It was worth all upset to see the look on the receptionist's face when she saw twin babies and a tiny toddler. For the remainder of the visit she spoke sweet and sort of sucked up ... I didn't give her much in return because I was still bitter she would choose to judge - or pass her tough morning onto me. Whatever it was.

    ReplyDelete