Monday, May 30, 2011

Letters to Lissy...

 When Alyssa was little I occassionally wrote her a letter, printed it and stuck it in her box of special memories...Mostly thoughts on being her mom at that moment, and things she was up to...Since the babies, I have invested my time in this blog but not a special letter for her...She has been lighting up my days and I thought it was time to write my girl a letter:

Dear Lissy,

Its been awhile since I've written you a letter. Right now you are snuggled up beside me in my bed watching Word World as the babies are napping...I am blogging and catching up on emails.

Lately I have just been amazed by you...everything you do makes me gasp at how big you really are becoming, I can't quite believe you are 4.5 years old...and smart! Man oh man are you smart!! When you were littler, you were without a doubt your Daddy's Girl...as you get bigger I am finding that you like to spend more time with me...and I LOVE IT!!! I really love to spend time with you too, I love our Saturday afternoon shopping trips together...I enjoy having special days with you, or braiding your hair, I love our outtings to the mall for new clothes...or just out for a special treat..I hope as you grow you still like to hang out with old mom...

You are just the sweetest little girl truly! You have always been a gentle natured little girl, and its so apparent what a sweet girl you are now, watching you with your brother and sister...You mother them, you protect them, you disipline them and you love them...oh how you love them...You actually insist that one day you are going to Marry Blake...wondering what kind of ring he will buy you, and declaring that you will not ever be moving out...that you and he will live here with me forever...I wish!!!

You try so hard to help me out around the house and do chores for me...My job taking care of the twins would be WAY harder if you weren't such a big help! Every week you faithfully help me clean up toys and the house...Today as I was tidying up, you said "Mom, why don't you go play with the babies and I'll do the cleaning"...seriously you are only 4...Dad and I joke that you are 4 going on 24...Last night as your dad was bathing the babies you said " Maybe you should just let me wash their hair, I know how mom does it"...

You are truly the light of our lives, I couldn't have ever imagined loving you the way I do...Thanks for making me smile every single day!

Love you more than ever!
~Your Momma xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Lucky little girl to have a mama like you, Larry <3 Hope you guys have a great trip!!!

    ReplyDelete