Friday, May 27, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

Holy Rain Batman!! Its been raining for like a week straight! Well at least between me being here and in BC I have been in rain for a week...I could sure you some sunshine and fresh air!!!
The truth is, that for some reason whenever I come home from a few days away...I always seem to be a bit grumpy...not sure why, just am! Add in a week straight of being in cloudy rain, I'm self admittedly a bit crabby! Perhaps coupled with a looooong cold winter and now a rainy yucky spring, I'm just really ready for some extended periods of nice weather!

My weekend away was nice and relaxing...For the last 5 years I've been sticking pretty close to my nest, and my cousins have faithfully come several times a year to visit me in my little world...They have come for births and birthdays, baptisms and just because...It was so nice to go seem them in their world...Jana has a brand new little guy Mason, who is just adorable! He has about 3 times as much hair as the twins, he looks like a little man!!! Jannelle has a brand new home in Maple Ridge BC...that is where I stayed...we did dinner out, staying up late and a lot of hanging out being goofy, which seems to be what we are best at!! We did baby snuggling and a trip across the border for some shopping bargains...A manicure/pedicure and a whole lot of junk food...Made for a perfect relaxing weekend!! It is soooo beautiful there, so lush and mountainous (is that a word?) it really made me want to move there!
Thank you girls for such a lovely weekend! (and other halfs for letting me hog your girls!)

Cutie Little Mason!
 Such a sweet boy with beautiful blue eyes!
 Me with proud new Momma Jana & Mason
(and Jannelles gorgeous kitchen!)
 Add in Jannelle...man I look hideous, it could be the completely relaxed vegged out state, and although I was excited about showering in peace, I was happy to just be a bum... there was no fancy hair do's!
 Kirks parents ending up coming for the weekend to help Kirk out, he was sooo happy to have them here to help out...he said it would have been really hard without them...so Thanks Erv & Joyce for helping him out, made me relax that much more knowing Momma Slone was taking care of things at home! I missed my kiddies, but not too much :) 3 days was enough for me to be ready to come home!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute baby!! Love the hair :) My niece is three months old and looks very similar. She has the most hair I've ever seen on a baby...even puts my head to shame. Plus it's soo soft...

    It sounds like you had a wonderful trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Mason is such a cutie!

    I'm so glad you had a chance to get away and veg out. (I don't think you look hideous at all, btw!!) Hope the rain goes away and you get some sunshine - we have had similar weather here. I was beginning to wonder if I should start building an ark...

    ReplyDelete