Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happy(s) of the Day!!!

WOOHOOO!!!! We did it!!! It seemed like the day would never come, but we are free from bottles!! Since the babies were born early and before their natural sucking instincts kicked in, bottles were a major production. When Blake was really little, he would take 45 an hour to drink 2-4 oz of milk, Leah was better but between the 2 of them...every 3 hours...it was an all day production feeding these 2. Then since they both had major reflux, usually right after they would throw up their entire feed...add in hours upon hours I spent pumping, and the extra bottles from that to wash...
Bahhh I think back on those days and wonder how we made it through!

They really really loved their bottles so it was hard to take them away, Leah would cry in desperation and yell "Bubby Bubby"while I was making them...I thought taking them away would be a nightmare, but its been quite the opposite, they no longer wake at 5am for a bottle, so they have been going a full 11.5-13 hours without waking up!!!! Hallelujah!!! Well we still have Leah's middle of the night antics some nights, but mostly we it's pretty darn good!!! Add in Alyssa who has always been a good sleeper and I can see the light!!!

My 2nd Happy of the Day is, going out of town today with my hubby for the U2 concert tonight...Can we get another WOOHOOO!!! We love love love U2...we've had these tickets since before the twins were born, but they cancelled the show and rescheduled and today is finally the day! My parents are coming to stay with the kids, while me and my love spend a nice 3 hour car ride together and enjoy our favorite band!
I bet we'll even listen to something other than the Mickey Mouse Hot dog song in the car!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Those are happy things, indeed!! Hope you had a great time listening to grown-up music. U2 rocks - I bet it was an incredible concert. *jealous* ;)

    ReplyDelete