Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Vent of the Day...

Ok, I don't really feel trapped with no way to escape...but I did find this rather funny...
Some days I do feel like I'm living my own version of the movie Groundhogs days, where he wakes up and everyday is exactly the same as the next...

I never seem to get anything more than the basics accomplished during the days...My husband leaves for work in the morning and the house is clean and orderly...I try to keep up during the day so when he gets home it looks the same as when he left...Sometimes it does, and sometimes it looks a little messy...What he doesn't realize is that in between a nuclear bomb went off several times and my having to clean the same mess over and over, with little ones following behind to undo what I just did....
So really at the end of the day, I've done a gazillion things, made a gazillion meals and snacks and I end my day at Par...no further ahead, I try not to be further behind and if I end up even, I call it a good day!

Forget to turn on the dishwasher before bed, decide to leave the one basket of laundry for later, stop to play outside and ignore the chores to be done inside and all of a sudden our house looks like some kind of mass destruction went on...it doesn't take much to make the train derail around here... and once it does, its really hard to catch up...Thats where I am today...its complete disaster, toys everywhere, laundry baskets over flowing, no food in the house, and the overwhelming feeling that even if I do clean up, in a few mere hours there will be tiny little people to do more demolition...
I might cut my losses today...wait til the wee ones are asleep and play catch up...
so tomorrow I can do it all again...

No comments:

Post a Comment