Super long overdue..I know I know...Its been a really busy week, and some tiny people managed to reset our wireless router, brake our computer and our mouse...dress reherasal, dance recital, birthday party, last day of school and dance, class picnic, nice weather, too much housework and a visit from the In-laws...
Back in September I sent off my little shy 3 year old, to experience all sorts of new things...I sent her in alone for her first day of Preschool...I sent her into a room full of other little ballerina's, and hoped she'd be ok without her momma...I shed some tears, and peeked through windows and watched my girl find her own way...I have a few tears now thinking about how proud I am of her, and how much she has changed since that week way back in September...
The other day we were listening to some kids music and on came a song called "Having a Bad Day", she asked me about it and I said Oh I guess that kid was having a bad day, she laughed and said Oh thats pretty funny, we never have any bad days! That makes me laugh because while I have many of them, she innocently enough doesn't think she does have bad days...it makes me happy that she thinks that! I hope some of these experiences and friends will be happy memories she will think back on over the years, and inevitably shape who she will become!!
Here is Alyssa (front left) waiting with her friends before the big show...
The show was adorable, it was a 2.5 hour concert with all sorts of different dance types..Alyssa's was about an hour in, thank goodness no more than that...it was almost impossible to keep the babies sitting nicely and quietly for more than 2 minutes, literally the moment Alyssa's dance was over we were out of there...We did bring her back about an hour later for the final bow on stage...We gave our little dancer some flowers and had a nice dinner back at home with Grandma Leanna and Papa Murray, who had brought her an adorable Tuxedo chocolate covered strawberry and gift card for Dairy Queen...
For our Princess...A Belle cake...
Alyssa and her teacher Mrs. Wiebe on her last day of school...Mrs. Wiebe is an amazingly fun lady and Alyssa loved loved her...We will miss her thats for sure!
This is Mrs. Pepper, the teachers Assistant
Moving on...
So as a nice treat for the first day of Summer, the weather was amazing...
So as a nice treat for the first day of Summer, the weather was amazing...
We pulled out the sprinkler for the first time while the babies napped...I can't wait to see what the twinsies think of the water...
In Twin news...these 2 have been a handful the past week...We've had some runny noses, Blake has 2 teeth coming in which puts him at 13, Leah has another Molar coming in which puts her at 8...There has been a lot of whining, crying and even some Pink Eye...
...and lets not forget Little Miss Thing and her climbing!
I'll be back soon!!
So sweet! My 21 month old just started play school. The first day, it was me who was crying, D was super okay...but today the carers told me that he cried for a full 45 minutes. breaks my heart, maybe because his favotire carer was absent? sigh...
ReplyDeleteAlysa looks like a beautiful lady :) and Blake and Leah are simply adorable...