Thursday, September 23, 2010

Alyssa's Big Week!

Eek this post is long over due...It was a busy week of colds, Alyssa's big week and a visit from Erv and Joyce...

We started the week with us 3 girls sick with colds...Little Leah was the first with runny yucky nose and a barky cough, thankfully she was still in a great mood and not too cranky...Poor Alyssa was pretty sick, she always gets a really croupy cough and we even had a midnight car ride with the windows down so she could catch her breath....I was also pretty sick and miserable all week...Thank goodness the boys didn't get sick...as much as we love our boys,  I'm not sure I could have handled them both being sick when I was sick as well....we are pretty much better now, still some lingering coughs and Kirk is feeling a bit off but not too horrible...

Last Monday was suppose to have been Alyssa's first day of Ballet class, but she was so sick poor kid didn't even want to go...I felt bad for her because I know how excited she was...

Wednesday was Alyssa's very first day of preschool...This day has been talked about for some time...other than being with her grandparents or Aunties/Uncles she has never been been left with anyone else, or left in a place without me...She did great, she had a bit of a lip quiver and came back out for a second but she just wanted her little school bag and then she went back in without looking back. She had a great time and has since been back 2 more times and we've had no problems at all...she loves it! I will admit, its probably been harder on me to know she's that big and now independent without me :( I did shed a tear leaving her at the school the first day... Its good for her though, she needs the stimulation and interaction with the other kids... 
  Yes, I'm that creepy mom taking pictures through the window!
 Thursday was Alyssa's first skating class...we couldn't get into the Saturday class with her cousin Sophie, so Papa Murray said he would love to take her to the Thursday class right before dinner...Not only was this her first class, it was her first time on the ice!!! She did amazing!! She was very eager and excited and Papa was great with her....She had a great surprise when her Momma Joyce and Papa Erv, along with Daddy stopped by to watch her...She had another class today and she did even better, skating all on her own (ok inching along at a snails pace!)..She was excited to proclaim to Papa "Papa, I'm doing it all by myself!"
Thursday night we had Momma and Papa back to our house for dinner and they spent the weekend with us...It was great to have them, it seemed like it had been a really long time since they were here...
Saturday we went to a carnival put on by Generations of Hope, which is the fertilty assistance fund that I volunteer for...I was so happy to show off my beautiful kids to my friends and the dr's who helped us create our dreams come true...We had so much fun, despite the freezing cold day!
Sunday we had dinner at Auntie Ronda's and the cousins all played nicely...We can't wait for the new baby in 3 months! Next year there will be 6 little ones...how fun will that be!
This Monday Alyssa was finally able to go to her ballet class...She was so stinking proud it, not to mention she looked adorable! She was a little apprehensive to stay by herself but she did go, and I was once again that annoying mom snapping pictures...I was the only one who stayed and creeped through the window...OMG it was so adorable, I almost wet my pants when I looked through the window and all the little 3 year olds were doing "The sprinkler" to some serious hip hop music that was blaring...so freaking cute! She came out and said she "LOVED IT"...She's been practising every day since...

All in all this was a monumental week for her in her little life (also for me to admit she's growing up!) and she rocked it! I am SO proud of her for not only trying all these new things for the first time, but for doing it with so much excitement and enthusiasm...Mommy loves you little girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment