Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fall is here!

Crazy, the weather has turned and it definately feels like fall...I think thats why it took me so long to post, I have been in denial that summer is over and that time is going by so fast...Truthfully it has been...gahhh I'm going to be 80 before you know it...
The past few weeks have somehow been super busy...I think we were trying to squeeze the last bit out of summer...The babies have been napping horribly during the day and this past week up at crazy hours of the night...I am exhausted!

Babies have been changing and growing like crazy...The finally got weighed, still tiny little guys..Leah was 15 pounds 5oz and Blake was 16 pounds 2oz  and both around 25" long...Well below the averages even for their corrected age, but they are perfectly preportioned and are given til age 3 to catch up...developmentally they are right on the mark so there aren't any concerns...They look like nice healthy babies...

Our little monkies are sooooo different than Alyssa was as far as their eating...They eat anything and everything we give them and are well beyond where Alyssa was at this age..They eat a lot of finger foods themselves but I always follow that with some good hardy baby cereal mixed with Fruit and veggies, its loaded with the proper vitamins and most importantly the Iron...so we will continue that for some time...
Look at Blakes Mohawk...haha...I have since snipped it off and he now has a daper looking little man hairdo instead
They have been really liking their milk/formula cold in a cup...
They do pretty good getting most of what we give them in their mouths..and the floor but Oscars not complaining!
My most FAVORITE thing they have learned the past few weeks is holding their own bottles...Alyssa never took a bottle so this is new to us but HOLY SMOKES is that ever a nice treat!!
Blake even shows off now and holds his with one hands...We never graduated to big bottles, they've never eaten more than 5 oz so its pretty easy to hold these little bottles...
HAHA one more cute one of Blakes Mowhawk...
Great Grandma and Grandpa came for a visit...
Babies have had a lot of stranger anxieties lately but they loved G&G...
It was both of our dad's birthday on August 20...We got to celebrate with my dad, and hopefully we'll see Erv soon enough and can have a belated party for him too!!

We had dinner at Mom and Dad's, the girls of course were right in on the action...
What a nice picture of Dad and his Momma
There is getting to be so many of us the girls had their own kids table...
Grandma is still always anxious to get her hands on a baby!!
Kirk and I haven't been in a picture together for ages, so I had to add this one in...
Cousin Gabe loves his baby cousins...in particular Leah...He always kisses her and she kisses him right back..haha
The babies eating their dinner at Grandma's and making a huge mess...
The happiest little guy...I swear he smiles when he see the camera...
Daddy and his lovies...Don't they look huge now!
We tried to enjoy some of the last of the nice weather...The babies have really been enjoying their stoller and going to the park...
Alyssa always loves the park...
Playtime in the backyard...it ended as soon as Blake had a huge spider on his head and I screamed...
Then we moved up to the deck
We had Kris and and Jane and kids over for dinner and a Fire, it was such a gorgeous night..
The girls roasted Marshmellows for the first time
and had their first smores..Mmm
Blakey tried on daddy's hat one day and he loved it...he left it on for quite awhile...how cute is he!!
Can't resist a picture of a naked baby!
Thats it for now...the next few weeks should be equally as busy as we get ready for Ballet classes and Preschool starting soon...Kirks hockey season has begun with 2 ice times already this week...Feels like fall thats for sure!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of them in their little bumbos with trays. They are all just so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete