Thursday, February 24, 2011

Blog ABC's

First I want to say HI to all those lovely folks stopping by from all sorts of neat places for ICLW!! Thanks for stopping by!

I was about to come on here and complain about the crappy -30 weather (still!) The sick kids I've had for 2 months (still!) and about how tired I am (still!). Then I went blog surfing and came across the blog ABC'S and opted for the lighter mood of the ABC's...Although I'm sure a real yawner for most to read...

A-AGE: 32...although I am still in denial that I am infact in my 30's...seems impossible.

B – BED SIZE: We have a King size...The current breakdown of bed space is Me 1/2 Hubby 1/4 and Oscar 1/4 (7 pound dog). We have joked that we would like to custom build a bed the width of our room to make room for some kids who will no doubt down the road be jumping in.

C-CHORE YOU HATE: Laundry! I hate hate HATE laundry! It's never ending and it takes forever! (stolen from someone else's abc's but my sentiments exactly)

D-DREAM JOB: Hmm I think my dream job (paying that is!) would be to be an Actress, I always loved drama in school and the few plays I was in or maybe even something fun like a Dog cuddler or a baby snuggler...Don't think those exist...Oh wait...Maybe if I lived in a climate that would allow me to be a full time gardener...sounds peaceful :)

E-ESSENTIAL START YOUR DAY ITEM: Coffee!! Without a doubt, I shamefully admit that I take the twins out of their cribs, plunk them infront of the TV, get my coffee and have a few sips still spaced out, then go back for diaper changes...Can't function without Coffee...My pet peeve about that is when Darling husband hasn't made it yet...

F-FAVORITE COLOR: Red! Love it...my house is riddled with red

G-GOAL IN LIFE: My goal in life was to be a mom...for now I have parked my butt to stop and enjoy what I worked mighty hard for...Future goals...tbd after I'm done smelling my roses. (is that bad I don't have any immediate goals? Ok fine add in exercise more)

H-HEIGHT: 5'7"ish

I-INSTRUMENTS YOU PLAY: Piano, although not well anymore. I have the piano that my mom had when she was a kid...I hope to pass it onto one of my kids...

J-JOB TITLE: Slave to 3 little people...Pay sucks but the rewards are priceless :)

K-KIDS: My miracle babies: Alyssa 4, Blake & Leah 15 months

L-LIVE: Suburbs of a large city in a house with a lovely ravine behind us.

M-MAJOR IN COLLEGE: Didn't attend college...Major life regret...would have loved to have been an elementary teacher

N-NICKNAMES: Well the honey calls me Little, my brother calls me many names Scrawn, Scar, Scronch...really anything that starts with a Sc...His nicknames are the same!

O-OVERNIGHT HOSPITAL STAYS: I stayed 1 night when I was a kid getting my tonsils out...1 night when I had Alyssa and 4 nights when I had the twins.

P-PET PEEVE: My HUGEST pet Peeve right now is freaking shopping carts with only 1 spot for a child...As I've said before not just for a mom with twins but what about all the mom's out there with 2 close in age...Annoying! I almost refuse to shop at your store (except thats its like 1 block from home)

Q-QUOTE FROM MOVIE: "Once it hits your lips its so good" Old school...favorite movie EVER!

R-RIGHT OR LEFT HANDED: Right.

S-SIBLINGS: 1 really awesome older brother Scrawn!

T-TIME YOU WAKE UP: A good time to mention I am NOT a morning person, hence the need coffee before I can change a diaper...I don't appreciate any kind of conversation the first 1/2 hour I'm awake.Wake me in the night, you'll get an elbow...Make any kind of noise in the morning while I am still sleeping and you risk your life..Thankfully hubby gets these now and all is well. What time do I wake up...about 5 minutes after the first child starts to stir...Usually around 8am.

U-UNDERWEAR: Depends on the day and pants :)

V-VEGETABLE YOU DISLIKE: Hmm what to choose there are so many...maybe brussel sprouts

W-WHAT MAKES YOU RUN LATE: a 4 year old and 1 year old twins...I guarantee my lateness!

X-X-RAYS YOU’VE HAD DONE: Real hard core x-ray? I guess none.

Y-YUMMY FOOD YOU MAKE: Well I'm not the greatest cook, but lately we have been making really good Pizza's and the dough from scratch...I use to make really good cinnamon buns...not so much anymore.

Z-ZOO, FAVORITE ANIMAL: Gorilla's

3 comments:

  1. This is a fun idea! It looks like we have a lot in common. :) Gorillas are my favorite, too and coffee...necessary to live. End of story. (And I'm drinking mine now...yum.)

    I was feeling rather grumpy about our little blizzard this morning, but did I just read that you have -30???! Ok, I have *nothing* to complain about. I hope you are able to stay inside today and keep warm!!

    Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon, and that you can get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun to read Stacey! My favorite was letter G! I love that you are truly enjoying this stage of your life after working so hard to get there. Good for you! I am always struggling to be more mindful and live in the moment more. It is an ongoing goal I have for myself and appreciate that you are "making the best of everything you have!" (like your blog quote says...)

    ReplyDelete