Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sick

This was a long week...All 3 kids ended up sick this week and it meant for a few long nights for me. Thankfully its nothing too serious...Alyssa started getting sick last Saturday and it ended up as a croupy cough, which it always does for her...stuffy nose and she just wasn't feeling that great. The rainy weather just set the mood for the whole week, I guess it was a good week to lay low...Mid week the babies started getting sick.
Blake woke up Wednesday having soaked through his diaper, jammies and sleeping bag with diarrhea...Leah had a fever all day ended up throwing up her dinner....Both ate poorly and napped poorly all day..That night I ended getting up 8 times between the 2 of them...Normally I would wake the other one if I was up already but decided to to just let them sleep and get up with who ever needed it...the next 2 days it was more of the same, although the night sleeping was WAY better at 2 to 3 times...I decided after the 8 times the night before I'd for my own sanity wake the other even if they were sleeping...
We are finally on the tail end of this I think, there is still some coughing going on and poor Leah really had a runny nose and watery eyes today but I can't see this dragging on much longer, its already been a week since Alyssa got sick...
We didn't end up doing much during the week, just layed low at home (and drank lots of coffee!) I did have Peggy here and Mom and Dad popped by after she left to help out til Kirk got home... Friday we had some sunny weather and spent some time outside for some Sunshine and Vitamin D...the babies really enjoyed it as did Alyssa and I...
I was able to get out of the house on Friday night for my firend Summer's birthday, it was a much needed break after a long week at home...Saturday we had my friend Shara, her husband and kids over for dinner, the kids played outside for hours and had a blast...Sunday Kirk got lots of dead sod removed and taken to the dump, our backyard projects are hard to complete but slowly they are coming along.

Mama Joyce would be proud of me, I bought a slow cooker! Peggy said if I bought one she would start making dinners for us :) So what do you think I did?? I bought a slow cooker..haha. Hopefully I can learn the art of slow cooking, I have a hard enough time making dinner...we'll see if I can get motivated enough to cook dinner at 8am! Anyways I was so proud of the first dinner I took a picture! I turned out ok but even after 8 hours on low the veggies were still hard...not sure what the problem was, not enough liquid?!? WHo knows...if anyone has any great slow cooker recipes feel free to pass them my way!
Alyssa found these and thought Leah would like them..These are my antlers from my bar days..haha they only came out for special occasion and when they did my friends knew it was going to be a fun night ;) I am calling them officially retired!
Picking my flowers
My 3 loves..I love this picture! I seem to have a lot of pictures of Kirk with the 3 kids but not many of me..
The littlest darlings...
Enjoying their swing
Alyssa enjoying her pool and her Sandbox, playing "Starbucks"
Pushing her baby on the swing...Even little Oscar was enjoying the nice day in the little sliver of shade.
Aww what a cute boy..
Him too...
and Papa too!
Thats about it for this week, I hope the coming week brings lots of Sunshine and healthy kids :) Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you all get to feeling better. What a long weekend!

    I have to say when I saw the picture of Alyssa's doll on the swing... for a split second I thought it was Leah!

    ReplyDelete