Do you ever stop to think of how satisfied you are with where you are at in your life? Lately I've been doing a lot of thinking about that...
When I was younger I couldn't wait to be done school..Oh when I'm done school I can't wait to be in the work force...After that I couldn't wait to find the right job or get a raise or keep moving up the corporate ladder...
It then moved onto I can't wait to Meet the right person...Once you find that person you Can't wait to get married and start a life together...Once you are married you keep thinking of whats to come, Jobs, cars, houses, vacations...Even along the way I wanted my beloved Dog Oscar...all of these material things we wanted and ended up getting, but still wanting more...
Then we decided to have a family ...this was the most challenging thing in my life and literally consumed me and changed who I am today...I wanted it so bad my heart ached and I longed everyday for a child. 4 years later we were so blessed with our little Alyssa..our hearts so full we thought they would burst...only 4 months into Alyssa's life we knew it could take awhile so we started the journey again hoping and praying for another child...I think back now to how unfair it was to have not given my all to her without worrying what would be next...would we be able to give her a sibling...the pain and sadness I felt even while I was blessed with 1 miracle...how sad to think of the time I lost because of it...
2 years later we were so happy to learn that our 2 precious miracles were coming...BUT we had a few scares and wished we could just make it to the end with 2 healthy babies...They came early and spent 7 week in the hospital and we prayed for the day we could take them home...
After all these years of dreaming, hoping, wishing and praying for what was to come, I find myself in the most beautiful place where I am Completely and utterly Satisfied with everything in my life...I wish for nothing but to stop and smell the roses in this beautful garden we have created...and thats it...I want to watch my flowers blossom and grow and enjoy these moments that will no doubt be gone in a flash...
Thankfully for me, I have a forward thinking husband who will forge ahead and take care of things for me and our children so that we can truly enjoy these years without another thought...I feel so incredibly blessed for such an amazing life surrounded by amazing people...I plan on staying here for awhile :)

Well done! Some times it is good to be reminded to STOP and smell the roses!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the reminder! I needed it.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully put!
ReplyDelete