Friday, July 30, 2010

Almost 9 months...

Thats insane! How did that happen!?!? It seemed like we had newborn babies for sooooo long...Really we had them 2.5 months longer than most people... it seemed the baby barfing, laundry and night wakings would never end and now all of a sudden they are just changing and growing so quickly I can't believe it! We are still working on sitting, Leah keeps practising her standing and Blake has a little poke of a tooth coming up!! They are both eating table foods and actually prefer it to the baby food..Next week I'm going to cook them up some freezer meals of chicken, mashed potatoes, carrots etc...they will be all over that, especially Blake!

As we near the 9 month mark I find myself almost ready to pack away my pump :( I am soooo done pumping 4 times a day...I do feel proud of being able to give my babies mostly breastmilk for as long as I have, and somehow I need to pack the guilt away with the pump and be happy with what I did accomplish...I still have a deep freezer full of frozen milk that will last until November/December..and really I already put in the time and effort for that milk so it still counts right!?!? Anyways I might still try and see how long I can keep at least the morning nursing and slowly phase out a pump session here and there...By the time I quit all together plus my frozen stash I should be able to get to their birthday before it runs out...

Nothing really exciting happening this week. We did have a great day at Calaway park with Alyssa's little boyfriend Reid...and his mom Renee then we continued the party here with the kids running around in the yard for a bit...they had a great time playing and laughing...No plans this weekend, weather isn't suppose to be great so we'll see what exciting stuff will happen...

I had to take a picture of Oscar as he was sleeping...this is how he sleeps beside my head every night...I wake up several times through the night to cover him and it makes me laugh every time because he always sleeps on his back...his snoaring is a little ridiculous some nights too...
Note the blanket...that was my baby blanket I came home from the hospital in..Funny how the dog has it!??! I guess since he was my first "baby" he got it first, then how could I give it to the real baby...
Alyssa was eager to be the sitting teacher this week and helped the babies with their sitting...

Shows you the sign of the times we live in...Alyssa faithfully checks her "email" everyday...When we check the real mail she always says "Oh mom did we get any emails?"
A few weeks ago we found at Michaels all sorts of cute ceramic critters, they were on sale for 47Cents each so we bought a whole bunch to pull out on rainy days...Yesterday we were Peggy-less so we spent the day inside painting critters...
Alyssa is the entertainer around here, we are always telling her to go make her brother and sister laugh...Usually at meal time they scream waiting for their dinner, Alyssa always cheers them up and buys us some more time!
Check out the eyelashes on this girl, they look like they've been curled straight up..excuse the carrot face!
This little dude actually has some pretty cute eye lashes too, but he's got nothing on his cousin Gabes eyelashes
Ohhh that face...muahhhh!
Blakey eating his toes...
Blakey eating his sisters toes
Mmmm foot!
My friend has a necklace like this and when I saw it I had had to have one too! So I ordered it for myself!! I love it! It's got all the kids name engraved and their birthstones...I kind of wish Alyssa's blue one was in the middle but I guess since she came first it makes sense for it to be first, but then Blakes name is in the middle and really it should be Leah if you want to be technical..In anycase I love it!
~ Hasta luego ~  See you later in spanish

2 comments:

  1. I need an Alyssa to entertain at my house!

    Love the neclace!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is beautiful!! I miss you guys so much!! And I LOVE the necklace!

    ReplyDelete