Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year & all that Jazz...

Merry Christmas & Happy New!

 The build up of Christmas seemed to last so long, and now in a flash it's all over and back to reality...We had an amazing holiday with Kirk off for a full 10 days...he barely checked in the whole time which was a nice treat! We had a lovely time together and the kids had a blast on Christmas Day and so did we!

Kirk has some big things happening at work, he started back yesterday with some
 major presentations, he's going to be a busy guy the next few weeks...
I am off Thursday with my Sister in law Jane to Vegas!! I am very excited to be going, I am a little sad I am going to miss Alyssa's first day of Hockey which is going to be this Saturday, but she'll have her daddy and her Papa's cheering her on!

I'm trying to get my house back in order after all this Christmas Craziness and get everything perfect so I can leave with a clear conscience... I thought I would highlight our Christmas vacation and when I get back I will post some pictures..Kirk bought me an awesome new Nikon 7000 camera for Christmas, its amazing!! Don't ask him what he got :(

Christmas Eve Dinner - Was spent at Kirk's Sister house...we had a lovely dinner with our Traditional Meatless dishes
Christmas Morning - We spent at home the 5 of us...Santa left Blake a new Train Table complete with all the accessories one little boy might need...The girls got Cardboard playhouses with a ton of crayons and markers that they can color themselves...Alyssa also got an Easy Bake Oven with some cake mixes, and a Princess Celestia Pony...Leah got inside her house and Abby Cadaby Doll and a Princess Dress of her very own, complete with all the accessories one little princess might need...I got an amazing Nikon 7000 camera that I can't wait to figure out!
Christmas Dinner - We spent with my parents at their house, we had a lovely turkey dinner and the kids loved running arounds Grandma's house
Boxing Day - There was a slight change in plans that day that ended up with Kris, Jane & kids over here for lunch and gift exchange...The kids were in their glory with all the new things to play with and dress up in!

Through the week, Kirk and I had a Date
We bought Kirk some new suits for his meetings, me some new clothes for Vegas, had a lovely dinner out and ended with Drinks with Kris & Jane while all 5 grandkids slept at Mommas....

We had a great visit with my Grandparents in their new retirement home...Its awesome! I want to live there!

We went to our little Niece Maja's 1st Birthday Party...It's hard to believe she is already one! She is pretty close to walking!

New Years Eve - Kris & Jane and Kids came over and all slept over...after the kids went to bed we played some board games, played the kids new musical intruments and danced into the wee hours of the morning...It was a ton of fun, that is until the kids woke up! Thankfully they were pretty kind,the first ones up were Sophie and Alyssa at 8:15am

Alyssa had a sleep over with Sophie...We went to the Science Center, The Pet Store, Had family Pancakes, Napped together, Had movie nights and an all around perfect 10 together...

I can't wait to share some picture from my new camera!! I'll be back after Vegas!!! Still so much to share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment