Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Finding the Joy...

Life is too short to be anything but happy - Images and gifs for social networks
Somedays I feel like I Rock this Stay at home mom thing...Somedays not so much...Some days I have an infinite amount of patience and somedays not so much...Somedays I can be a good mom, a good wife and a good housekeeper all in the same day even!! Somedays not so much!

Today was not a good day for me, no particular reason I just wasn't feeling it...Awhile back I stumbled on another Mama's Blog post (I think it was Julia) and it said something along the lines of
"Seek Joy and you will find it".

What a simple phrase...but somehow its changed my whole perspective on life in general...and more times than not, I can literally Find the Joy all day long!!

Since I came home from Vegas its been pure insanity around here...My Darling Kirk has been working like a mad man...Several all day meetings turned into dinner and running til 11pm, and sometimes issues arise that need to be worked on until they are resolved...Sometimes that means him pulling all nighters and around the clock working for days at a time...When that happens, I also have to step up my game...Being supportive and helpful to him as much as I can to help avoid even more stress...and take on Full time parenting...That is however the nature of his job and while it takes a toll on everyone, I have been trying to Find the Joy in situations like this to help me through the rough times...there is almost always some joy to be found...Thanks to his hard work ethic he has worked his way up to a position that gives me the ability to stay at home with our kids...and he Finds Joy being able to provide for his family...

The weather last week was something like I haven't seen for years! The day time high was -30! One night the temperature was -36 with a windchill it was -49...I'm not sure I've ever seen temperatures like that...I am a very social person, and this whole being stuck at home inside so much with not much adult interaction can drive me looney...Trust me its true, I actually at one point this weekend layed on the floor and yelled and kicked my feet like a 2 year old...Finding the joy with -49 temperatures with a husband who has been locked in our room working on a problem for 4 days straight, 3 housebound kids and a looney mother is no small feat...I often text back and forth with another Mama who has a 4 year old boy and almost 2 year old twin boys and we Joke..."Not finding the joy over here, how about you?"...Perhaps the combination of all of the above is the cause of my mood today...

Since adopting my new Mantra, I have been trying to find the joy in the smallest things...and it makes me Happy...Even on days where my mood is questionable...there is always room for some Joy!

Saturday Morning Pancakes...
Playing Lego in my Pjs with my kids at noon...
 Painting tiny fingernails and toenails...
Tea Parties...
A walk on a Sunny Winter Day...
Watching a tiny boy line up his tiny toy cars ever so perfect...
A glass of wine with my Hubby chatting about our days...
A loyal puppy who follows me everywhere...
A Starbucks Americano...
A bubble bath and my book...

Like many others out there who are choosing a Word of the Year, I am choosing Joy...
 I hope this year I am able to find the Joy in the small things and be Happy because of it...
 Life is too short to be anything other than Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment