...What a day, what a busy few weeks....Alyssa has been an absolute terror...My patience is probably part of the problem but EVERYTHING is a fight with her...She literally says opposite of everything I say...
I woke up at 5 to feed the babies back to bed until 8:30am...Got up and tried to wake up Alyssa...she argued getting up, she wanted 4 more hours..ha! I opened her blinds she jumps out of bed and shuts them then jumps back into her bed...She rolls around in her bed complaining she is too tired to get up...I leave her for a few minutes and try and get my self ready and I had to pump before we try and make it out of the house at 10:30 for preschool...
She complains about getting dressed and argues what she is going to wear, she doesn't want her hair combed, then she pulls out the pony tails I just put in...She doesn't want breakfast, to put her coat on,to put her shoes on and now doesn't want to go to school....She doesn't want help with her car seat and even hit me as I tried...We get to school and the parking lot was empty..No school..bahhhhh I guess I missed that memo that school was closed for Easter break...
I stopped at Starbucks for an Americano with 4 shots of Espresso, looks like I'm going to need it....We went to Superstore to return clothes I bought for her since she declared she hated them and refused to wear them...I let her pick out some new stuff for summer in hopes she will actually behave getting dressed in the morning, she will only wear short sleeved shirts or Tank tops...Not all that ideal for our cold climate, but I swear the kid is cold blooded as she is NEVER cold...She pouted when I wouldn't let her stand up in the cart...
We left there and went to "Gunkle" Kris's house to play with Sophie and Gabe...Surely she'd be in a better mood then...Nope she didn't want to share Sophies bike, she wanted the Pink spoon for her macaroni and refused to eat it on her yellow spoon, Sophie was sweet enough to trade...then she still spit out her noodles after I tried to force a bite into her mouth...On and on the battle to eat, she had a time out and I really should have taken her home...She insisted that Gunkle feed her, so a few airplane mouthfuls later she'd at least had something...
We left a short time later and arrived home, I pumped and OHMYGOD Leah had the hugest poop blowout I've ever seen EVER, out of all 3 kids...She hadn't pooped in 2 days which is fine with breastfed babies but holy smokes I've never seen that much poop ever...It exploded up her front out the top of her shirt
into her ears, her hair everywhere...I had to get the scissors out and cut off her undershirt, there is no way I could have taken it off without her getting a mouthful of poop...Of she went for a bath...Might as well bath Blakey too since I have all the stuff out...Then it was time for feeding, thankfully Julie was still here to help out with that one...I put the babies down after that for what I hoped to be a 2 hour nap...Nope they were up after 1/2 hour and cranky since they really didn't nap long enough, they both cried off and on the rest of the night...Alyssa was bratty pretty much all afternoon and evening as well...
Made dinner really quick, a gourmet meal of Hotdogs and Kraft dinner..Kirk came home and left to go to the Flames game...Alyssa argued about eating dinner and pouted like crazy when Kirk left...I ate in about 2 mintues then it was feeding time again for the babies which took an HOUR, then I had to pump again...
Papa Murray came over to help me and thank goodness he did...Leah was super fussy because she didn't nap long enough today and needed to be held...Alyssa played with papa for a bit and I cleaned up dinner dishes and made her bedtime snack....She was being a monkey again running around not wanting have her snack then she was making a huge crummy mess, Oh wait feeding time again...me and Papa were feeding the babies while she was eating her snack...she took forever to pee and wash her hands which only papa could help with as he held Leah who was crying, teeth brushed and a quick book and she's off to sleep, well off to bed anyways, she ran out of her room a few times and beckoned me for water and to cover her up..sleep came about 1/2 hour later...hallelujah!! Leah's done and ready for bed, Blake needs a little snuggle and off he goes....I'm taking a few minutes to type this then I have to pump and make bottles and hopefully I'll make it to bed by 12...
This had pretty much how it has been around here the last few weeks, and its mostly Alyssa causing me all the work...The babies do need more attention these days but compared to the 3 year old monster they are a cake walk! My mom had Alyssa yesterday for dinner and the evening and it was so peaceful here..I made Kirk a nice Rib dinner and we enjoyed a lovely dinner and chatted for a long time in peace! Funny thing is I wore Blake the whole time in my baby Bjorn as he squeeked on and off so I guess peaceful isn't the right word, but at least the madness of Alyssa's demands and complaining wasn't there...
Anyways, I just wanted to document this for later so I can show her down the road why my hair turned grey (it hasn't yet but I'm sure its just around the corner!)
Truly things have been going quite well with the exception of Alyssa's behavior some days...I don't feel too stressed or worn out yet...a little frazzled by bedtime somedays but still not horrendous...I guess compared to my even crazier and WAY harder 2009 this seems pretty doable (is that a word?)
The babies are great! Leah is 9 pounds 11oz and Blake is 9pounds 6 oz...They have been doing so awesome at sleeping which really helps things..They usually stay in their cribs for a 12 hour period, sometimes waking up after about 9 or 10 hours, Blake that is, never Leah although I wake her to eat just to be fair...I am soley breastfeeding them now at this feed and it works out great since it eliminates time to heat the bottles downstaits and then I don't have to pump and can get back to bed in about 40 minutes...They have even gone the full 12 hours, but I think they are still a bit to small to go that long so I sometimes wake them up after 10 if they haven't woke on their own...I know that sounds crazy but maybe a few more pounds I'll feel better letting them go the full 12...
Ok I must go...I'm hoping to have a better day tomorrow since my last 2 were like today...Just wait until I get to have 2, 3 year olds at the same time :) Katie, you get 3!!!
What a crazy day!! Hopefully you get some downtime to rest sometime?!
ReplyDeleteYeah for me making the blog!! Life will definately be interesting with a 3 year old x3!!!
And here I thought my almost 3 year old was a handful...glad to know we are no exception to the rule! I love how you wrote this and it so easy to identify with (well except the 2 baby part). Isn't it true that the older ones are more work than the babies sometimes????
ReplyDeleteTerrible twos even worse threes was my mantra (and I have plenty of well earned greys)
ReplyDeleteMy friend Shara told me tonight its, terrible two's, trying threes, f*ing fours and freedom fives since they are in school...haha sounds like I've got another few years to go!!
ReplyDelete