Monday, March 22, 2010

Change of heart/Massive update!


First, thank you all for your thoughtful words of encouragement. It means a lot to know that you have all been interested in our little family...My technical difficulties have been resolved, infact there were no technical difficulties just some Mommy mush brain trying to figure things out, and the new way of uploading pictures is even easier than it was before...it was just me not knowing what the heck I was doing...

The truth is I really do enjoy blogging. I find that the days, months and years just all meld together and its nice to be able to go back and reflect and see what it was that was filling in the time. Things you think you'll always remember but actually forget pretty easily. You have all given me some great insights and you are right, it will be a nice way to remember our young family down the road. I often find that I write things here that I wouldn't even bother speaking aloud...So for now I will continue blogging the best I can, and I'll do it for me and my family and blog when I can...it will be a bonus to have others follow us along the way...So that is that, onto our HUGE update!! I even have some spare time, the babies are both napping and Alyssa is on right beside me watching Backyardigans...

Last week we took a trip out to Roblin Manitoba, for those who don't know here that is, it is a 3 hour drive North East of Regina Saskatchewan...if you don't know where that is...well forget it! Roblin is a tiny tiny town in the middle of nowhere (in my mind!) with a population of about 3000 people. All of Kirks family is from Roblin, his parents Erv and Joyce are from there and moved here to Calgary before they had kids...

Kirks Grandmother Rose had planned on coming out here to see us and our kids that she has never met, sadly she hasn't been feeling too well as wasn't able to make it. She has had a several year battle with colon cancer and has had a rough go the past few months...We decided to go see her instead since it has been several years since we were out there....This was a scary daunting thing to consider with the 2 small babies and a 3 year old. We had to fly to Regina, then we rented a car and drove the 3 hours to Roblin. It was definitely the right decision, we all had a great time and Rose was so thrilled to meet her Great Grandchildren and hold the twins. The trip ended up being WAY easier than I would have anticipated, all 3 kids were perfect angels and it literally went off without a hitch...It was exhausting and non stop work but certainly worth the smile on Rose's face when she held those babies...

This was when we first arrived...Grandma was so excited to hold the babies and really wanted to keep Leah!
 4 generations
Sooooo happy!!
This is Auntie Jane, Jane and Wayne (erv's brother) live in Roblin and were kind enough to have all 5 of us invade their house...Jane was always helping us out with the babies...
The timing was great because Auntie Gwen (Ervs sister) was in from Winnipeg so we also got a visit in with her, Alyssa LOVED Gwen and Gwen was so patient and sweet with Alyssa
This is Auntie Gaylene (Ervs sister) and Uncle Anthony in form Dauphin MB
Here is Uncle Wayne and Auntie Liz, who also live nearby..Auntie Liz could've held those babies all day...arm of steel!
Aww look how happy she is!
Our crew with a very tired aweful looking mommy!
On our way home we drove past Regina to MooseJaw where Kirks other Grandmother lives. We stayed in a hotel and made a quick stop at Walmart for family swimwear...Alyssa was SOOO excited to go swimming in her newly purchased too small bathing suit
Joyce's mother Vera holding the babies...Joyce has a twin sister Jane, so this was neat for Grandma to hold her twin great grandchildren...Vera lost her sight a few years ago but was just as excited to hold the babies
Daddy and his girls on the plane...Holy could Blake look anymore like his daddy!
Mommy and her tiny little guy...

Here is Alyssa and her baby sister....She just can't get enough of helping out with her sister...Not her brother so much, although she will add in she does love him so his feelings don't get hurt...haha
If you notice the poor kid is always in her pjs these days and never has her hair combed!
It was such a nice day a few weeks ago, we took the babies on their first walk around the neighbourhood. They slept the whole way but it was nice to be outside! I can't wait for summer...I feel like I missed all of last summer on bed rest and taking it easy being pregnant so I really wasn't able to do much or go for many walks...this summer should be great!
Even room for Oscar in our new stroller!
Our little glamour girl!
A busy momma, all 3 needing me!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!
Here are some random pictures of the cuties

This is how Kirk determines if the babies are really done eating...
My brother Kris with Leah..
Kirks parents Erv and Joyce are celebrating their 35th Anniversary in April so we decided to celebrate before they went home. We had a photographer come to the house and do some group pictures and then we had some cupcakes and champagne and sent them on their way in a limo for a nice dinner at Teatro's..They were pretty surprised but I think they had a good time...Happy Anniversary guys!!

The little people all dressed up...could they be any cuter!
Well thats it for now, thank again for all the support we have been given...its really special to be connected and "in touch" even though everyone is so busy these days

6 comments:

  1. Love the picture with you feeding the twins and Alyssa "needing" you a the same moment. Classic! Blake and Leah are getting so big....From the looks of them they are bigger than Maeve. I can't wait till she can sit in her Bumbo chair....soon enough. Thanks for keeping us entertained and letting us peak into your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so BIG!!! Glad your trip went well. I am also very excited to get out this summer. I see lots of walks in our futures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update and incredible photos Stacey. I really enjoyed the read and can hardly wait for my turn to cuddle the twins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the blog read it all the time!! please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is very inspiring. You are an amazing woman and an even more amazing Mother. I love to read your blog and although I would never admit it to anyone, I'm always smiling with tears in my eyes when I read it. Your positive attitude and incredible love for your family is truly something that I admire. And how can I not mention the good looks? All the photos you post are so perfectly cute. Great job mama, hopefully I can make it out there for a visit next time!

    Chelsea
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete