Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Best that I can...

This blog post over at Enjoying the Small things came at just the right time...This is a super popular blog that is full of Life...this woman raised over $100,000 for her daughter with Down syndroms 1st birthday...pretty remarkable huh! I usually head on over when I need a bit of a "Life is Grand" pick up...Sometimes I get a bit tired of the Sunshine and Roses writing,  but  I often come away with the feeling of wanting to be a better person, mother etc...I know her writing is just a snippet of her life and I am more than sure she has her fair share of childrens battles, bad days...she just chooses to highlight only the good...Good for her...

This post she wrote about us mothers trying to fit it all in, really resonated with me with this past week...I've been feeling like I'm treading water and just trying to keep it together...How can I have a tidy house and clean laundry put away, all while my kids are hanging on my legs needing me too? How can I cook dinner when all I want to do is play outside with my kids..How can I be attentive to my husband surrounded by a giant mess that will bug me until its tidy...and you know what?? She is right, we don't have to be the best at everything all the time, sometimes it will be the laundry that takes the lead, most times it will be the little people tugging at my pants, and heck sometimes it will be me and only me in the lead...Yesterday for example I dedicated to kids day...we played outside, we read books, we had bubble baths, we baked cookies...and by the time daddy came home I was just done! I decided to take a nice walk alone, and while Alyssa asked if she could come, I really just need 20 mintues to recharge and have a mommy time out...and I tried not to feel guilty about it.

So while I think us mothers, wives etc set our expectations high, sometimes its ok to let things slide and others to take priority...we are all just doing the best we can. I think this shift in thinking will help me regain some control over what sometimes seems overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment