Happy 33rd Birthday Darling!!!
Ok so I'm a few days late, the 22nd was Kirk's birthday, we had the lovely treat of his company all day as he stayed home from work. We let him sleep in and Alyssa and I baked him a cake. She got to decorate it all herself and was so excited to show him and sing him a happy birthday...
Kirk's Birthday "Treat" was to take the kids to the mall to see Santa! I know he was having a good time because as we were dressing the kids for the -30 weather (no joke! thats's -22F for my American friends!) and scrambling last minute to load everyone into the car he kept mumbling "This is fun, this is fun, this is fun"
Funny Alyssa story speaking of Kirks birthday...here is a recap of the conversation:
Alyssa: Dad how do you spell your name?
Kirk: How do you think?
Alyssa: K-I-K
Kirk: Close but its K-I-R-K
Alyssa: (In a sad voice) Oh sorry dad, I spelled it wrong on your birthday card
Kirk: How did you spell it?
Alyssa: I spelled it D-A-D
The kids waiting their turn to see Santa! Alyssa was so excited...this was the first year she actually wanted to go see him and talk to him. She loved it! She gave him a picture and said she wanted a bike for Christmas, which is a good choice ;)
The final product!
Turned out pretty good despite the fact that Leah was screaming, we managed to get a good picture in between screams...Blake was fine with him.
We had to get the babies some new warm boots while we were there, Miss Leah won't keep her socks on for more than a nano-second, I can imagine the looks I'd get from people with my barefoot child in the mall in -30 weather. We came across these adorable fur lined Robeeze...aren't they adorable and sure to stay on!
Alyssa had ballet that night,
so when she came home we did the cake and singing that she waited for all day
She was happy to help daddy
Mama and Papa came over for some of Alyssa's cake!
Big Leah sitting at the island in a booster seat
Off topic pictures but too cute to pass up. Alyssa went to a birthday party a few weeks ago where they got to make their own pizza's, including the dough from scratch...So we decided to try it out at home and they turned out awesome! She was so happy to show Dad how to do it ALL herself...No better outfit to cook than a Snow White dress!

#1. Your hubby & mine share a birthday.
ReplyDelete#2. I LOVE the boots. Saw some of those exact girly ones on another baby today & want some!!
#3. I am dying to go see Santa too!!