Thursday, May 27, 2010

This and that

I am loooong over due for an update, sorry to those that check back regularily..I haven't been good at getting much done around here these days...

So whats new with us...Hmmm the short version not much the same old same old....The longer version is that things are good...busy and I am one exhausted momma these days...My little munchkins are growing like crazy and every day they are doing new things...They have taken a step back with getting up in the night, not terrible but they seems to be needing more calories and are obviously not getting enough during the day despite my best efforts to force as much into them as I can...Both babies are eating approximately 5 oz, 5 times a day, though a lot of the time they don't finish their bottles....

Both babies are horrible nappers, I mean 20 minutes here, 10 minutes there..and as hard as I try to keep them on the same schedule they still naturally make their own...They are both always fed at the same time, but their napping never usually happens at the same time. I try and put them down together, one will fuss and want up but the other will sleep, sometimes the crying will wake the other then neither of them have napped long enough..If one keeps sleeping I only give them 10 more minutes then wake them in an attempt to keep them somewhat similar...Sometimes I make one nap in our bed...rarely do they ever both have good naps at the same time.
 The only thing I know for sure is that they run our house these days and we run on twin time.

Leah was showing some signs a few weeks ago that she may be ready for some baby food so we tried them both...Leah absolutely loves it and we are now feeding her once or twice a day a variety of cereals and veggies and fruit..She loves it all and has yet to dislike something I've given her...Mr.Blake however wants nothing to do with it and pretty much cries at the mere sight of a spoon..I am going to try again after their next Drs appointment...Really they are only 4.5 months adjusted age and they recommend full term babies start at 6 months, so he's not really behind Leah was just ready.

Alyssa is doing well too, she has mostly been good these past 2 months (other than today!) and I realized now that her really aweful behaviour was when we had Julie here. I'm not sure if she didn't like having someone here all the time, whether I perhaps expected more from her since there was someone always here or what...but since she's been gone, she been a pretty good kid...She has alwasy been a great independant child and can entertain herself for hours, that sure comes in handy spending so much time with the babies. She is going to be starting preschool in the fall that she is really excited about. We are also going to put her into a little dance class, she can't wait to be a ballerina!

Kirk is doing great, he's a pretty tired daddy these days too, though he never complains. We are going to do some improvements to our backyard this year since we think we will be spending a lot of time at home. He loves doing his yard work and putsing in the yard...I think we have pretty much decided to not even attempt camping this year..Too much work and less conveniences to be worth it...Maybe next year...maybe!

I'm doing good too, I am really tired these days...I self admittingly go to bed WAY to late, and am up a few times with the babies, but after the kids go to bed and I'm done some chores, I enjoy playing around on the computer or watching my PVR'd tv shows that I have missed...My favorite indulgence that I've always enjoyed is a bubble bath in my jacuzzi tub with a green tea and a good book, nothing better than getting wrapped up in a fictional world and escaping reality for a bit.

Anyways, enough babble here are some pictures of the crew...

Here is our little man with a big smile. He is such a funny little boy, he gets these huge full face smiles where his entire face just lights up. He gets these cute little shy smiles too where he kind of hides his face...and smirks at you. He is a huge cry baby and a big suck for mommy..He plays strange with people he doesn't know and will scream at the top his lungs if they try and talk to him. He loves to be snuggled, held and loved ALL day..he would be a happy boy if mommy could hold him all day long...I think as he gets bigger he is going to be my tattle tail momma's boy who come crying for every little thing..HAHA..and won't I love having a momma's boy ;) He is such a lovable little guy..
Here is the little Princess, she is such a little sweetie...I was going to peg her as the kind of kid who would just go with the flow and follow along with whatever bossy big sister and cry baby brother wanted to do, but she is now proving to me that will not be the case. She most certainly makes herself heard, and I don't think she will be pushed around. She has a very sweet demeanor and her little eyelashes sure have daddy wrapped around her finger already!
Here are the monkies practising their tummy time and learning to lift their heads...They have been such barfy babies up til now (they are finally getting a little better) that I haven't been really good at giving them enough tummy time, they really should be a lot stronger than they are...Blake has rolled over a few times and Leah is on the verge, I'm actually surprised he did it first, she's seemed so close for a lot longer than him...
They are doing pretty good at sitting with support, occasionally they will tip over their heads and need to be propped back up..I think after this picture Blake's head got stuck and he ended up crying (surprise!)
 
Just some cute ones of my little twins...gosh still hard to believe some days!




Our little Biker boy in his Harley hat and Metallica Onsie..He is now the much bigger baby to...I'm sure he's got a good pound on Leah now. She was 12 pounds last week so my guess is he is 13.
These 2 are forever sucking on each others hands and pulling ears, poking eyes..here you can see Leah eyeing up his arm to munch on...Look at her chubby cheeks...

Mmmm Yummy arm..
Little love bugs hanging out for a snuggle

Daddy and his Princesses


Daddy being the Princess
My 3 little beauties..am I lucky or what!?!

Alyssa keeping Leah entertained so I could go shower..
The babies LOVE Alyssa, and thankfully she loves them just as much.
Leahs first bite of baby food

Just being cute waiting for her food...

My cousin Jana and her husband Kurt were here this past weekend, we always have a good time when they are here...Thankfully it won't be long until they are back next month..woohoo!
Thats all for now...

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo, I was waiting for that. Seems it took a snowy day. I just love being able to see the progress and how quickly your children are growing. love, hugs and kisses, Aunt Wendy

    ReplyDelete