Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Half Birthday!!

Wow, 6 months already...how the time flies!! It feels like they've been home with us forever, yet it doesn't seem that long ago they were born and in the hospital.

Things are going well, busy always thats for sure...there are never any sitting around bored moments,Babies really are growing like weeds. They are still on the tiny size even for their corrected age. They were weighed last week and Blake has finally taken the lead in weight. He weighed more than Leah at birth but she quickly passed him. The past couple of weeks he's been a hungry boy and sleeping like crazy so its not a surprise he finally passed her. He weighed in at 11 pounds even. Leah was 10 pounds 14 oz.

Babies are sleeping like champs...They go down around 7:30-8:30 and they wake up for a feed which is a really quick top up at around 6-7am and then back to sleep again until 9:30-10:30...So really no complaints there! I am still nursing the babies a few times a day and pumping 3 or 4 times a day...I am really happy to have hit 6 months with that...They are starting to eat more now than I am making so I am digging into my freezer of frozen milk, and I think I'm going to start adding in some formula..

We are still on our own over here, we've decided against hiring another full time person. I actually prefer to do it myself, and my mom has been a big help coming over to help out and Kirk parents were in town again last week to help out while Kirk was away on business. I found an awesome cleaning lady who is relatively inexpensive to come and clean, and we have found an occassional lady who can come and babysit the babies so I can get out for groceries or with Alyssa...If I get stuck inside the house all week I go a little mental (just ask Kirk!). All in all we are managing just fine!
Here are some pictures from the last few weeks...Enjoy!

Here is Leah not enjoying her tummy time, she just hates it as does Blake...Poor kids have 2nd and 3rd child syndrome already and don't get nearly as much practise at all these things as Alyssa did.
The little boy after a bath...
Alyssa and her beloved sister...she is very possessive of Leah claiming "NO thats my sister!" and tells me that Leah is hers and I can have Blake...I hope this sisterly love continues down the road!!
An online friend of mine sent me some beautiful home made hats for the babies...she sent 5 and we wear them all the time!! They are just too cute!! Thanks Amanda!! Leah just happens to be crying, not because of the hat!! See the cute little flower on the side..
Here is Blake is his homemade hat too...This picture cracks me up!! Click on it to see it bigger, I love the milk hanging out in his mouth..
This one was cute too...such a little boy he is
Our little newphew Gabe celebrated his 1st birthday a few weekends ago..how the time flies is right! Hard to believe he is 1 already!! Here he is enjoying his first bite of cake!
Alyssa and her cousin Sophie (far left) and Sophies other cousins Lucy and Ben.
My Grandparents are such loyal Grandparents and Great Grandparents, and never miss a party...Grandma is always good for baby holding and here even Grandpa is holding Leah!!
This picture made me laugh too, they look like such big kids in their big kid jammies...Every morning they usually end up in my bed and they are so excited in the morning smiling and laughing...Alyssa and I just laugh at them squiming all around..Oh such fun!
Little Leah just hanging out waving hi!! (ok she doesn't really wave hi)
We pulled out the highchairs last week, we thought the babies would enjoy sitting with us as we eat dinner. We were given another highchair from Kirk's boss, it just happened to match the other one we had already...I am in absolutely no rush to start solids with the babies...We were told 6.5 - 8.5 months actual age, so soon enough...I really don't like baby food stage so we will wait as long as possible, so far they don't seem the least bit interested so we will wait a bit longer..
Our first family of 5 dinner around the table wasn't quite the experience I had hoped..HAHA Alyssa was jumping all around and I think the babies both squeeked on and off and I don't believe we even got to finish dinner that night before someone demanded a bottle.
Thats it for now!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Half Birthday! They are SO cute. I miss all that. I've decided twins train us...and not the other way around. We think we're in charge but we're really not.
    I always think about the reduced praise.
    I hated feeding babies with a spoon. But I learned to like it with twins (not sure why). I discovered babies LOVE Nestle Infant Rice Cereal. I'm sure there's tons of sugar added. It's the only cereal I could stand to taste test.
    Here's hoping the next 6 months slow down a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try that cereal! I think things are better now that we are into a little groove and routine, before you know it they'll be all grown up so I try and enjoy every minute of this baby stage...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They don't even look the same as the last time I saw them! I can't wait to be there in 2 weeks for cuddles :)
    Jana

    ReplyDelete