Friday, February 19, 2010

Long overdue

I am long overdue for pictures...Apparently my camera cable wasn't missing as Kirk found it within 30 seconds of looking, I could find it for over a week..hmm guess I didn't look that hard or I just got confused with the 1000 other cords in the office that look exactly the same...

Things here are good, loving our little life...its busy thats for sure, even with help there is always plenty to do around here...Alyssa has been a handful a few days the past few weeks. I think she is wanted some more individual attention. I am home with her all day, but she is forever being told not now, or after the babies eat. She always has to magically pee or poop when my hand are full of crying babies or at feeding time. Yesterday she insisted she had to pee while I was pumping and couldn't do it herself. She has done it a million times on her own so I told her I couldn't help her, she proceeded to pee on the floor...dohhhh guess I should have stopped pumping to help her, but really by the time I stopped and got over there my guess is she would have done it anyways...She has had 2 days out this week with her Mama's and it makes the world of difference when she gets out of the house.

Babies are great, they are still doing 1, 4 or 5 hour stretch at night but the rest of the time its every 3 hours still. They are eating about 2.5oz now. Blake has become a problem eater, he takes forever to finish, I think he's holding out to be breastfed as he is acting similar to Alyssa did when she started refusing the bottle...I CAN'T let that happen, there simply isn't enough time for me to exclusively breastfeed him, plus if I did that it would seriously hamper my pumping efforts as the pump just isn't as efficient as the babies, it would be too hard to pump out any extra milk...I am still pumping 40-50oz a day for the babies...I am noticing though that I don't have as much to freeze so there will come a time when they won't get just the fresh milk...Oh well I think I've done reasonable well so far...Gosh I'd sure like to throw my pump out the window but I figure I've got about another 10-12 months to go :(

Weights yesterday were Leah was 7 pounds 12 oz and Blake was 7 pounds 6 oz...They are just about out of their newborn sleepers and into 0-3 months stuff which is great because we have received some adorable outfits that I can dress them in soon instead of just sleepers.

Thats about it for now, here are some pictures...Enjoy! I will certainly try my best to keep blogging so keep coming back so I know you're out there!! Its becoming increasinlgy more difficult to squeeze it in,

Here is Alyssa enjoying some snow making snow angels on a packed snow pathway..funny they didn't turn out ;)
Dying to get out side and play in her new playground we put the swings on and played outside, the snow was melted enough for her to run around outside a bit...
Little Blakey with an almost smile...the babies are full fledged smiling now, its adorable they still seem too small to be smiling...melts my heart!
Alyssa being a goofball at dinner time..note the no pants...for some reason this kid insists on running around the house without pants, she's be totally naked if we let her...
This picture is for "Gunkle" Kris who loves pictures of babies with things on their heads...
Princess Leah most of the time being a good girl...
Don't be fooled she can cry when she wants to!! Although its this tiny kitten like cry that is almost hard to take seriously...
Blake has this strange water blister thing on his gum...see the bottom right...No one has any idea what it is but its the weirdest thing....any ideas?
Leah playing on her mat, they both reach out for their toys now...I am actually really bad at tummy time and play time...they spend a lot of time in their bouncy chairs or neglectomatics as Kirk calls them..
Daddy and his babies, a common sight these days...I believe he really was as tired as he looks in this picture.
Little Leah loving her bro, she is forever snuggling up to him, its so precious.
Daddy and babies again...
Alyssa LOVES LOVES being a big sister, she can't get enough of Leah who she thinks is So cute!
Awww
Sleepy Blake
More Play time...
Blake not enjoying play time that much

Papa Erv and Leah
Cousin Mate and Blakey
We recieved a few weeks ago the most thoughful gift ever. A friend of a friend who I've only met a handful of times made us this beautiful book. She took everything I ever wrote on my blog and all the pictures for babies entire hospital stay and made us this hard cover book...I can't properly describe how beautiful and touching this book is. It has all our memories and our 7 week stay in the NICU documented in a real book that she designed and compiled...It will be treasured forever! Ask to see it when you come over and you can see how gorgeous it is for yourself! She works for Heriage Makers as a consultant who makes story books... check out www.myfamilykeepsakes.com, they are amazing books, I've made a few already...I highly recommend you try it!!! Thank you a million times over Heidi!!! I LOVE my book!!!
Heidi and the babies!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love all the photos and can hardly wait to meet your babies (Easter perhaps?).

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are awesome, my favourite is the one of Leah with the bib around her head. I am so excited to spend more time with them soon, I miss them all. They are all seriously such cute little kiddies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, love all the pics! They are so darn cute. I love the one of all 3 kids laying on Kirk! Can't wait to see you guys again xoxo

    ReplyDelete