Ok I apparently was sleep deprived when I wrote my last post, I said we were getting 'normal' amounts of sleep..hmmm that is definitely not the case. Perhaps I meant to write a decent amount of sleep, but even that word isn't the right one...
Maybe its my perception of what a decent amount of sleep is these days. I think I had in my head before the twins came home that there would be no sleeping at all ever, and that is not the case, nor is it that we are getting an over abundance of sleep.
We do have a good system for sleeping in place. Kirk is sleeping from about 11-5am when he gets up for that feed, and I am sleeping from about 3 or 4 til 10ish as my my comes for the 8:00 feed, my sleep is mixed in with some interruptions so its not a straight strech of sleep. The babies seems to know when its night time now and we have just had the past few nights 4 hour stretches between feeds and inbetween they both mostly sleep, there are a few squeeks and cries but they seem to know the dark room and swaddling means longer stretches of sleep...
Appointments the other day went great, Eyes were good, the shots weren't too bad...we have more shots tomorrow and a follow up for Blakes surgery Wednesday...Leah is 5lbs11oz Blake is 5lbs8oz soon they will be out of their preemie clothes, and before you know it they will be sleeping through the night...Sheesh...these babies just grow to fast...I guess thats why people have more!
More? Did I hear you say more? HAHA Sounds like you are all doing GREAT! Enjoy the ride... it gets better and better!
ReplyDelete