Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Winter time fun...

Time is just in fast forward over here the past 2 months, I can't believe Christmas is this weekend! Gulp! I have faith I will have everything ready and perfect but thinking about makes my head spin a little! I am mostly ready with the big stuff, (other than my Kirk who is likely getting a few IOU a gift at a later time kind of gifts...)
We had Kirk's Christmas Party out in Banff this weekend, it was a lovely time and it really felt like Christmas in the mountains, we woke up to a beautiful snowfall which made for a pretty slow drive home...

The babies have been having fun out in the snow, we haven't gotten them out a lot but enough for them to have had some time to play, get cold and come in for some Hot Chocolate...

Leah has had fun shovelling the driveway with Daddy...She lasts outside for about 15 minutes then she's done...She loves her Cow hat and mitts and almost flat out refuses to wear boots...I don't usually argue if its a quick trip but it was a big ordeal to get her in the darn boots...
 Blake wasn't too sure about the snow, he was a quite concerned that his car had snow on it...We had brought it inside before winter but he was getting so mad that it wouldn't drive on the carpet, we finally just put it back outside and a giant wind storm flew it off the deck where it got majorly snowed on...He did look pretty stinking cute in his monster hat...
 Alyssa loves the snow, she could stay and play out there all day...She likes her sled, her slide, her swings, making snow angels and building snowmen...I hope over the holidays we can get outside more for sledding etc...thankfully the temperture hasn't been to ridiculous yet...
We've had the tree up since Alyssa's Birthday, I just failed to post about it...It was suppose to be a magical night, we had our traditional Rum and Egg Nog, our favorite (or I should say my favorite) Boney M Christmas CD that I've been listening to since I was a kid...and pulled out all of our bins of Christmas stuff...Alyssa was so excited to put the tree up...she patiently waited to put on the ornaments and organized them and protected the breakable ones from the 2 little ones...We had some light issues and could NOT get them lit on more than one little section...It ended up turning into an 4 hour totally aggrivating night, the babies went to bed with an unlit, undecorated tree...and we let Alyssa stay up until 10:30 so she could actually put up some decorations... 
In the middle of this post last night, I was interrupted with a crying Alyssa who had just gotten sick in her bed...She got sick a few more times in the night...Please PLEASE fingers crossed we don't have a repeat of last years Christmas with all 5 of us sick...So far the babies are ok...Knock on Wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment