Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Thanks Worth Giving...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This year I find myself reflecting on all that I am Thankful for, of course I do this every year, but this year I find myself in a more emotional state and more appreciative of what I really am thankful for. Perhaps the loss of our little friend makes me a little weepier (or a lot!), maybe it has something to do with getting older (I turned 33 last week), and I kind of think being a mother has intensified it all...

 
It seems lately, that I have been complaining a lot about my daily frustrations on parenting these little people, but truthfully not a single day goes by that I am not truly thankful...We had a long road to get here, and I love nothing more than being the greasy haired, sweatpant wearing, food on my shirt, messy house, short order cook and mostly proud momma to these 3 little blessings...
Further to that, I couldn't do it without my sidekick, we laugh together at the insanity, and get tears in our eyes from pure joy when we stop and look around at this beautiful life that we share...

 
We are so blessed and thankful for the love we have constantly from our families, parents who know just the right time to come and take over, and parents who spend the winters here to give us more support (I sure wouldn't want to spend my winters here if given the choice!)...Siblings who are more than siblings and our 3 Nephews and 2 nieces whom we love so dearly...

 
I am thankful to live in a beautiful safe country (albeit a mostly cold country!),
I am thankful for my husbands job,
I am thankful for the love from a little dog,
I am thankful for Saturday morning family pancakes,
I am thankful that my brother is going to be living his dream of working on an ambulance,
and I am thankful to be living my dream every single day...

Yesterday we went on a Pumpkin Hunt at Butterfield acres...
We did it last year and it was fun to see how much the babies have changed (Click here to see last years pictures)

The kids all had fun, we couldn't get a nice picture of the 3 of them like last year, perhaps it will be a few more years til we get a good one of them again!
 
They were all so proud when they found their very own pumpkins...Alyssa had fun decorating hers, Blake did a little coloring on his, Leah was not at all interested, and both of the little ones just tried to eat all the decorations...
Off topic pictures...Morning playtime in our jammies outside before the snow comes! 
I just love this picure of bedhead, jammy girl trying out the baby swing... 
CHEESE!!

 Wow, I wonder who could have made such a mess!?!

 I love that she knows to smile and say Cheese when she's busted...I guess I'd better stop breaking out the camera...

 I am thankful for tiny toy cars lined up ever so perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment