WHAT?? Its August? I just noticed the date and am in complete and utter denial that it is infact August...Where did May, June and July go? No, seriously??
My blogging has been horrendous these days and this time in addition to it being to nice outside to blog, I'm blaming my Iphone...Now that I have this dumb awesome phone, I have not much reason to even turn my computer on...I do check my regular blogs often, and for some reason I can't comment...I've tried a million times on several blogs and guess its my problem somehow, I just don't know how to fix it...
So whats new with us? Hmm nothing terribly exciting I'm afraid...We've be trying our best to soak up these summer days before they are gone, and we are dreaming of hot days again...We are off on Thursday to BC to spend some time with Kirks parents out at their beautiful place on Shuswap lake...We'll be gone for a week- 10 days...
Since I've fallen so far behind in my blogging, I thought I would catch up with some collages...
We had a BBQ one Sunday afternoon with most of my cousins on my dads side...We were missing 3, its rare that we are all together...Our goal was to get a picture of all 8 Great Grandchildren, who were all there...including little Ryder who is only 2 months old...In a few days there will be a new little baby arriving down in Atlanta, but as of then all were accounted for...Matthew was visiting from Sweden, so it was a nice treat to spend time with him and visit...I think everyone had a great time...
Alyssa has had a nice summer so far...I think some days she's a little bored, but she's been busy and getting lots of exercising...running through the sprinkler, bike rides, playing with her friends and siblings and cousins...She wanted her hair cut short to match a few of her friends from school...I think she looks adorable and so much more grown up...she really loves its, and its so easy to do...I haven't had to do a pony tail for weeks! She is super excited to go see Grandma and Grandpa in BC...
Little Blake had certainly enjoyed his time outside this summer too...He's working on his very last tooth!! It should be poking out soon! He does not like the cold water of the sprinkler and will only play in the pool if the water is very warm...that suprises me a bit since he loves his baths so much...
Leah Leah Leah...Such a turkey this little one...She still thinks she rules the roost over, and quite honestly most days she does!! I think its time to by the "How to raise a Spirited Child" book I've heard so much about...She still only has 9 teeth, I think her last molar should be out soon though. She loves the pool, cold or not and would really like to be as big as Alyssa...she thinks she is a big kid, and refers to Blake as "The baby", which I guess he is...by a minute...
We've had lots of fun visits with cousin, friends, G&G Swinton...and lounging around at home...
We had a nice hot August long weekend, we set up the tent in the backyard and Alyssa & Kirk slept out there for 2 nights...The babies loved rolling around in there...It was great fun...We had our Slip & Slide, pools and Sprinklers set up for the day and by night it was switched to our firepit for Hot Dog roasting and S'mores...Alyssa had an amazing time, and even though its a bit of a pain to set up and take down...its all worth it to see her sweet smiley face having a great time!
See you when we get back from BC!!






Looks like you are having a spectacular summer! Love Alyssa's haircut. And Blake and Leah are looking so big!
ReplyDeleteI tagged you in an award on my blog. I know you're busy, so no hurry!