Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Is it summer yet?

What is up with this crummy weather...Enough cloudy, cold rainy days already...Even Alyssa says I thought it was suppose to be summer...We've really only had a handful of nice days and a lot of yucky ones..Boooo

Nothing terribly exciting going on over here...Kirk and I fully retract the statement about twins be a 2 out of 10 on hardness that we had said back when the babies first came home...These guys are A LOT of work right now, and my guess is the next 6-9 months are going to be the same if not worse...Thankfully their sleep is getting back on track at night, and we have now fully seperated them for nap time and thats helped somewhat...But they are still needing a lot of attention and entertaining and can't really do a whole lot...

Last week we had a disaster of a outting...it was me and the 3 kids in the pouring rain...You can't bring your stroller into the dr's office because its just too small for everyone to bring one in...We had to park down the street a ways and came bolting out of the back of our Denali army style, me with 2 screaming babies in their car seats and Alyssa trailing behind getting absolutely drenched...That set the stage because once we got inside it was a full blown melt down by both babies...I could feel the eyes staring at me as I took Alyssa's soggy shoes and coat off and took both babies out of their car seats and tried to console them. It was nap time, and add in their new fear of strangers and their need to cry harder and louder than the other baby, it was a gong show...This went on the whole time we were there, I couldn't even have a conversation with the Dr and when we left, the waiting room was literally laughing at us...I couldn't even hear what their weights were...I did end up phoning later to get them, Leah was 12 pounds 12oz and Blake was 13 pounds 7 oz...We then had crying fits the whole way home since they were so worked up and overtired...Momma was losing it by the end of that day!!

Not all days are like that but I'm finding outtings just not worth the reprecussions of missing naps or throwing feeding schedules and napping schedules off...It would be different to have 2 adults but that can't always happen...So for now outtings happen without the babies and we are always splitting up who does stuff with Alyssa and who stays home...It won't last forever..maybe another couple of months things will be easier?!?! Hmm probably not but heres to hoping!!

Little Princess getting so big, she is getting pretty good at sitting supported..
Besties playing together...gosh it will be so nice for them to always have a playmate!
Our little guy just can't sleep without a blankey and his thumb in his mouth...I lie his head on the blanket so he has just enough to grab and not get tangled in...
We finally pulled out our jumperoo and car exersaucer...Blake is a jumping fool he can't get enough of that thing...He was in there jumping for about an hour and a half the other day and didn't make a peep! They are still just mini's though so we have to put pillows under their feet.
Momma Leanna had her birthday on the 4th (along with Auntie Ronda and Auntie Jane 2 days before)..Here she is with her Grandbabies..The other 2 were around somewhere..
Aunt Wendy bought the babies these cute onsies before they were even born and were big enough to try them on so I thought I'd get a few pictures trying to get a clear shot of all the letters..
Here is Alyssa enjoying her yard and her play place (note the jacket in this stinking cold weather)
We are doing some yard improvements this year, we are adding in a stamped concrete pad and pathway, adding in some concrete edging and few shurb replacements, tree planting etc...Here is the patio mid construction...
My hottie flexing for the camera ;)
Poor Oscar got shaved 2 weeks ago and the weather has been horrible ever since...he has been freezing, the poor guy has been walking around shivering, I've even been putting him in his long john jammies to sleep in.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Stacey. Yes, little ones are a lot of work and you have 3. I think it is such a shame no one in the waiting room offered to help. That would have been so nice. The blog will be so fun for you to look back on.

    ReplyDelete